•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Unable to load custom textures in my map

I'm extremely new to this whole thing. I have several problems, I've made a pk3 for my map, called hills.pk3. It is in GameData/MBII, contents below:

1659890121467.png

1659890128958.png

1659890137946.png

My main issue is that MB2 tells me "Failed to load valid .siege file" however, when I previously placed the .siege inside the MB2Assets3.pk3, I was able to load the map up, but with no custom textures working and no lighting at all. (it was also exclusively retrieving the .bsp from gamedata/base/maps and instead of my pk3 not sure why)
When testing my map on JKA I had previously been using sv_pure 0 to test my custom textures so I'm sure there's a step I'm missing in regards to those, still not sure why my .siege can't be detected from my own pk3 though.

Thanks for your time

Solution
Already replied in Discord, but for anyone else who might come across this from a search engine, the issue is the name of the folder where the map is placed. It needs to be called maps.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Already replied in Discord, but for anyone else who might come across this from a search engine, the issue is the name of the folder where the map is placed. It needs to be called maps.

Solution
I also was creating the pk3 using an RAR and renaming it to pk3, I should have been using a zip file in this process instead.

Last edited: