•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Trying to host a private server with my friends

Hi I recently bought several copies of Jedi Knight Academy for me and my friends while it was on sale after hearing about this mod. I spent all night at the time of me posting this trying to set up a server, I followed this guide that I saw several people get directed to Hosting Server: Windows and I port forwarded correctly im pretty sure. When I run server .bat I come across errors or things that dont look right such as "couldn't exec jampsever.cfg" or "couldn't exec autoexec.cfg" or a bot shutdown error and when I think i get I think I get close, the window that open with yellow text will say "zone header error". The closest me and my friend got to playing in a server was running the game through game ranger but he would then get a "run game through movie battle launcher error" not exactly what it said but im sure you know what I mean by that hopefully, I dont want to exactly run a fancy server I just want an easy way for me and my friends to play privately. I also watched this video here:
but im not sure if its of any help at all. I'm very tired right now so itll be a bit before I respond to this but anything helps

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    140 KB · Views: 374
  • port.png
    port.png
    33 KB · Views: 360
  • game ranger.png
    game ranger.png
    804 KB · Views: 524
  • shutdown error.png
    shutdown error.png
    117 KB · Views: 364

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I port forwarded correctly im pretty sure.
No you didn't.
Your screenshots show pretty clear that you forwarded range 29060-29070, then server tried to open port 29070, but failed -- apparently, because there was client running already, which automatically opens port 29070.
Then, server opened 29071. This is a standard practice; when a port that server want to have already in use, server is trying opening PortNumber + 1.
Since you didn't have PF for 29071, you didn't have any port forwarding for MBII at all.
You'd better forward 29070-29080. What's the point to open 29060, anyway? It's not likely you're going to host master server, you said hosting a server is a goal.
"couldn't exec jampsever.cfg"
jampserver.cfg (or whatever you want a config to be named) is supposed to be in "Jedi Academy\MBII" folder.
Exact name of that file should be set in server.bat.
Make sure you actually have that file, and its name isn't misspelled, either on file system or in .bat file.
"zone header error"
Wait, are we talking about hosting a server or about client game issues?
I want to notice that you shouldn't use jamp.exe or mbii.x86.exe for trying to host a server.
You have to pick jampDed.exe or openjkded.x86.exe.
Those files aren't shipped with MBII installation, they need to be downloaded separately.
"run game through movie battle launcher error"
Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide

alright so I think I almost got but now im getting a "couldn't exec autoexec.cfg" error, I followed this post here Technical Issue - Couldn't exec autoexec.cfg (windows 10) and I reinstalled my drivers, reset my pc, verifed the jedi academy cache several times, and reinstalled the game and movie battles 2 twice while trying to get this file. The game runs fine itself but as for the server i cant seem to get this file (unless there is a way I can just make it or make it not needed). At the end of the thread I posted the guy says that he verified cache and used a hotfix that fixed his issue, I assumed was the 1.4.8.1 hotfix but that didnt work either.

Attachments

• autoexec.png
    autoexec.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 301

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
alright so I think I almost got but now im getting a "couldn't exec autoexec.cfg" error
It's not even a real error, you aren't supposed to have autoexec.cfg if you no need it.
Ignore it.

Though your screenshot shows that you probably don't have any maps set in a config.
Check your config, last line of a file should be something like:
Code:
map mb2_kamino
Restart a server.