TKP on !Forgive

Just got a thought.

Would it be possible and desirable to remove tkp of someone who TKed you (literally did the last damage that got you killed) and you !forgive him?
I don't mean full TKP, but TKP of the last damage you got before you died.
For example you are a jedi with 50 hp, and some player TKed you with grenade. It was by accident so you !Forgive him. Right now, when you forgive him, he is still left with 50tkp he got for damaging your 50 hp. What I ask is if it is possible/desirable to remove also this 50tkp for hp damage when !Forgiven.

I just got this thought when I let myself get killed by teammate's TD on purpose to kill a wook. We used the TD as part of tactic, yet in the end the BH got punished by amount of HP I had before I died.
Or for example you push nade, but too late and it explodes and kills teammates. Teammates !Forgive you, but you still get quite a lot of TKP for the damage you did.

Of course this would work only for the damage that got you killed. If someone shoots 10 shots in your back, he would be forgive for the damage of the last shot. What my intention is is to remove tkp acquired by dealing one huge damage by accident (nade, TD, rocket, accidental saber slash).
I think this should be only applicable to !F (so you still get full HP penalty in TKP if you !Cancel). If you forgive, you should forgive fully.

I guess the con here is that it could incite suicide jihad tactics.

Im not against that idea but i feel like trolls (even normal players who just 1 shot/punch/kick in round start) will be in TK Galore if that did happen, via punching someone a few times and bringing them down to half HP at the start of the round on the flip side it could help in real accidental TKs like TD pushing or simple cross fire or jump scare

my idea tho would be this as like a modified version of what you suggestion.

Perhaps not removing entire TKP based on HP taken but perhaps receive TKP from what kills you, so if you have full 100 HP you get a TD boom they get 100 TKP vs you have 100 HP you get shot by your team mate that deals 10 HP they dont get hit with any TKP but if you have 10 HP left and they shoot you and you die then they would get hit with the 10 TKP?

Im not against that idea but i feel like trolls (even normal players who just 1 shot/punch/kick in round start) will be in TK Galore if that did happen, via punching someone a few times and bringing them down to half HP at the start of the round
This is already happening. Perhaps we are misunderstanding one another?

This is how the system is right now:
As you wrote, at the round start someone gives you a few punches. Or it could be during the round that an ally shoots you in the back. No matter what, the ally (be it troll or accident) gets TKP calculated on the amount of damage they did to you.

Let's imagine a troll TKed you to 10 hp. He got TKP calculated by the amount of damage he did. Now a newbie accidentally shoots you and kills you. You can only !punish, !forgive or !cancel (= not choosing !F or !P).
Let's say that your class is Jedi with 10 hp and the newbie killed you.
If you decided to !P, the newbie gets 10 TKP for health damage (this he gets no matter if you !P,!F or !C) and 200 TKP for !P, thus a total of 210 TKP.
If you decided to !Cancel, the newbie gets 10 TKP for health damage and 100 TKP for !C (= half !P amount), the total is 110 TKP.
If you decided tp !F, the newbie gets 10 TKP for health damage and 0 TKP for !F, thus a total of 10 TKP.

What I propose is to also remove the TKP for health damage if you !F the newbie, so the total would be 0 TKP instead of 10 TKP. The TKP for health damage would be removed for only the last hit that killed you.

Let me explain this on another situation:
You are a jedi with 100 HP and a wookiee ally decides to TK you. The wook starts punching you with fists, each punch deals 40 damage.
So the damage he's done to you is: 2 punches, each for 40 damage, and 1 punch for 20 damage (= 100 damage which is your HP as Jedi).
The wook gets 40 TKP for first punch, 40 TKP for second punch and 20 TKP for third punch. For some strange reason you decided to !Forgive him. When you forgive him, he gets 0 TKP for !F and, with the change I propose, he would also lose the 20 TKP for the last hit. So in total, he would still be left with 80 TKP for the first two punches.

That's why I think we may be misunderstanding one another, because the system basically stays the same and punishes trolls still the same.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Last edited:
You need to get a few points as a warning to be more careful.
There is no accident, there is no luck. There is only the force.