The Teal'c-ening [voice command replacer]

The Teal'c-ening V 0.3 [now lighter in mono with better audio!]
maxresdefault.jpg

Have you ever dreamt of having this manly-man/alien talk to you?
If so then this is the mod for you!

This is a simple voice pack in a zip file that overwrote existing voice commands from the game,

The voices are all coming from Teal'c himself except 2 commands.

The quality ranges from great to shitpost.

I also accept request, it's even better if you have access to some footage/audio ( as I do not have access to an online streaming service to the show, my current options are limited on my end)

Downroad it now!
1270299853576.jpg

Installation:

Easy install (windows only):
  1. Download the packager (python 3.5 script turned to a standalone exe)
  2. Place MBAssets.pk3, the teal voicepack (as a zip) and the packager.exe in the same folder
  3. Execute the packager.exe
  4. Use the new MBAssets.pk3 to replace the one in the MB2 folder, and keep the backup just in case Do not leave the backup in the mb2 folder as it will override MBAssets (since the names are not hard coded the game just load all pk3 in the folder)
Manual installation:
  1. unpack the zipfile
  2. unpack MBAssets.pk3 (Make a backup just in case!)
  3. replace \sound\chars\mp_generic_male\misc\ with the misc folder from the zip file
  4. recompress the asset folder to a pk3 package
If there is anything please report it, I can customize things if needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Teal'c is a fucking god.
The clips work but the volume is far too low the game, they are barely audible, though I had normalized the whole track at -3db before cliping, any idea on how to increase the volume?

I also did a test with mono versions and the stereo version seem to work fine.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The clips work but the volume is far too low the game, they are barely audible, though I had normalized the whole track at -3db before cliping, any idea on how to increase the volume?

I also did a test with mono versions and the stereo version seem to work fine.
I recommend compression in addition.

I recommend compression in addition.
Which settings are recommended?
I'm using the defaults as of now: tresh: -12, floor -40db, ration 2:1, attack time 0.2, release time 1.0 sec, make up gain and no compression based on peaks.

Edit:
I am also using equalization with the speech preset and amplification with a ration of 2.11 before the compression.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Which settings are recommended?
I'm using the defaults as of now: tresh: -12, floor -40db, ration 2:1, attack time 0.2, release time 1.0 sec, make up gain and no compression based on peaks.

Edit:
I am also using equalization with the speech preset and amplification with a ration of 2.11 before the compression.
Whatever equalizes the speech peaks to be roughly equal tends to be good.

Fixed the audio file and the packager, there was some mix up with the previous audio version and the packager sometimes did not unpack the files in the proper place. Both are fixed, the volume should be fine now.

If @GoodOl'Ben and @Tompa9 or anyone else tried it I recommend reinstalling.