•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher The Launcher will not launch.

Hi, new guy here and I have a problem related to the Launcher that I need help with!
I have pretty much done everything (I think) to get the mod running properly. I've extracted all of the files from 1.4 to 1.4.4 (except for the RTVRTM.zip file stuff, since I don't if it's really needed) into the GameData folder. I tried deleting the mod and the game to do a fresh reinstallation and the mod aswell, the Launcher did not work.

I also followed these steps afterwards, deleting the MBII_Launcher Folder and the Movie_Battles_Team folder.
More than once until I gave up.
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Movie_Battles_Team

Is there another fix for this problem or am I just doing something wrong? I really want to try this mod :(.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Are going to tell us how exactly it did not work? Any error messages?
I also followed these steps afterwards, deleting the MBII_Launcher Folder and the Movie_Battles_Team folder.
Also make sure there are no any zero-sized files in "Jedi Academy\GameData" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"

Are going to tell us how exactly it did not work? Any error messages?
As far as I know, the launcher does not show any signs of any error messages. It just crashes immediately after being opened.

Also make sure there are no any zero-sized files in "Jedi Academy\GameData" and "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII"
I have checked twice for any zero-sized files, so far I only see about 1kb files and higher.

This is your first install?

Name thy system specs, where and how you installed - steam user? Cd throwback? Villainous Pirate?
Windows 95? Xp? 2000? Vista? 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10?

Mac? Scary thought that one:)

Are you running as admin? All permissions/paths on the straight and narrow?

It's always the launcher. Damn thing. Puppy's got to be the secret dev behind it since he seems to be the one addressing its issues 98% of the time.

This is your first install?

Name thy system specs, where and how you installed - steam user? Cd throwback? Villainous Pirate?
Windows 95? Xp? 2000? Vista? 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10?
Windows 10, Installed where my Steam is located (my E: drive). Could changing the compatability mode solve it?

Are you running as admin? All permissions/paths on the straight and narrow?
I'm not sure.

Mac? Scary thought that one:)
Lol, no :D

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Puppy's got to be the secret dev behind it
I wish I was, because that could give me some ideas about issue that is being discussed in this thread.
But I just don't know :(.
Deleting MBII_Launcher and Movie_Battles_Team folders and checking for zero-sized files should be enough, but in case of TS it isn't :(.

@Walkrobeart, have you tried redownloading MBII Launcher?
Maybe file is broken, though odds are bad indeed.

If Puppy is stumped, you're doomed, doomed!

Uninstall everything, wipe it clean.
Then, install, Ja, patch it.
See if you can run it.

If yes, proceed to downloading mb.
Install.

Document the process. Take Screenshots of your folders and directory paths.

Pray to whatever Gods you worship.
Sacrifice a goat just to be safe.

If Puppy is stumped, you're doomed, doomed!

Uninstall everything, wipe it clean.
Then, install, Ja, patch it.
See if you can run it.

If yes, proceed to downloading mb.
Install.

Document the process. Take Screenshots of your folders and directory paths.

Pray to whatever Gods you worship.
Sacrifice a goat just to be safe.
I tried deleting the mod and the game to do a fresh reinstallation and the mod aswell, the Launcher did not work.
I did this in one of my first tries of getting this mod to work properly :(.