TempBanned on Eu Official Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today - 2015-11-22 I was banned by admin ID 1 on the Eu Official Server(time is around 12:20) - the one it seems Lou is hosting - and I'd really like to know the reason for it. My name was Padawan and I didn't do anything(In my humble opinion) that would deserve it. Suddenly without a warning nor any information about the reason I was kicked and informed of the temporary ban. Is this kind of treating not an admin abuse? I was literally not doing anything bad. Not tking. Not time wasting. Not camping. Not even insulting anybody.

The only thing I was doing that was abnormal - I mean different from any random player that is playing just averagely - was the fact that I dared to say that the game is somehow getting more and more complex each release and that it might be hard for newcomers. I also said that many of the players don't know the whole mechanics of the mod, because it's that complex. I also said that this complexity is something good, because it makes the game much more unique.

So, would someone be so nice to reveal the reason why I was punished? As for me it seems that it was just an abuse, but I really hope it wasn't and there was a real reason behind it... It's not that I was severely hurt or something by the ban. I can change my ip too. So it's not the case. I wouldn't change it. I accept my punishment, yet I wait for knowing the reason behind it. The only thing is that it's sad, because I've played this mod since 2008 and I thought the OFFICIAL SERVER wouldn't be a place where admins would abuse their power...

EDIT: Players that were there at the moment(the ones the name I recall) - LoU and Gargos.
EDIT2: The amount of rounds wasn't that small - merely 100.

something similiar happened to me before, except i was banned while joining
the reason was a typo in smod, was unbanned few minutes later
maybe you did nothing wrong and got banned by accident too?

something similiar happened to me before, except i was banned while joining
the reason was a typo in smod, was unbanned few minutes later
maybe you did nothing wrong and got banned by accident too?
I can neither deny it nor agree on it. I mean as I recall there were no players that were behaving in an incorrect way. There was nobody who would warn anybody else. So, how come that I got banned by accident? It's possible and I don't rule out the possibility of it, but I can't be sure that it was the case until an admin says so. Another thing is if it really should happen banning people by accident? I mean, it's not professional - it's far from it.

DeshieL

Donator
Maybe there was some other mischevious padawan and you were accidentaly punished for his sins?

Please post your IP you have used on server. Your IP points to Poland, you have Japan in your profile.

GJ.
It's probably this one IP that points to Poland where I am currently. Is this some kind of sin? How is this connected to the case that I was banned without any warning nor information about the reason behind it? The same goes with me being named as Padawan. As far as I recall it's not forbidden to call yourself like that. So this shouldn't be used as an argument. Is this how you react on a simple question? With attack? I might have as well been a North Korean citizen being in Istanbul and that should be none of your concern. If I respect the rules I shouldn't be punished. If I don't respect them I should. So, don't run away from my question, you've obviously found me in the game logs(because you said that my IP points to Poland). I ask you even to not to reply with an attack just the way as you did. If it was a mistake that I was tempbanned, then let it be. Just say it. If there is a different reason, I encourage you to reveal it to us. It's that simple.

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
No, we just had tker there, with similar IP and kept reconnecting with switched IP yesterday and today. I just remember this IP, and it was me who banned you by accident. Do you have static IP address? That will be easier to avoid this kind of situation in the future. Also... Padawans...

No, we just had tker there, with similar IP and kept reconnecting with switched IP yesterday and today. I just remember this IP, and it was me who banned you by accident. Do you have static IP address? That will be easier to avoid this kind of situation in the future. Also... Padawans...
No,I have dynamic IP so it's not a problem. The only thing was that it was sad to be dealt with in this kind of way. You don't need to unban me or anything, I just wanted to clear this thing out.(I think the ban is already gone, as it was 100 rounds). Glad it all was sorted out. I hope this kind of accidents won't happen often in the future. :)

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Ok then. I'm glad we sorted this out. I asked about IP because it you have same IP as one of our old developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.