Team Play as Jedi/Sith

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
So lately I have noticed in open servers, that a lot of people are playing the jedi. Now I'm not gonna tell you that you can't play how you want, that's what makes the game fun, but if you want to help out your team and win, I can help you with that.

First, balance the teams. I don't mean even numbers on both sides, (though appreciated). I mean, the jedi to gun ratio. The Jedi is a support class. I prefer 1 Jedi to 2 guns, but 1 to 1 works also. As a Jedi, you are there to protect your gunner. I can't tell you how many times I have seen Jedi run in front of their team and get gunned down. The fact is, unless you are very VERY experienced, an experienced gun will beat you every time. Too help your team as the jedi.

Secondly, you need to keep Sith away from your gunners. Usually Sith will try to attack gunners when they get close. This is the perfect time to force push. Then, your gunner can shoot him while he's down. Cover your gunner when he has fallen or is reloading. Stand in front of him and block some bullets so he has time.

Lastly, for your own survival, utilize cover. You can not take infinite shots. Also ambushes are a good way to thin the enemy teams numbers. A gunners shots do less damage to your FP at longer ranges. Your best bet in a 1v1 with a gunner is to get by some cover and wait for him to come to you. This won't work all of the time, but it is a good strategy when you have no backup. At long distances, your FP should regenerate pretty quickly, so keeping distance on a gunner is good. If you have no other choice, or are facing a droideka, moving side to side is your best bet. When in range force push your target. This will not work 100% of the time, but it will help.

That's pretty much it. The Jedi is a support class, not assault, help your team. Thanks for reading!

Reactions: LoU

Eazy E

Banned
Or... if your experienced with jedi/sith you can just rush and get a load of kills (my preferred playstyle). But ofc this is reserved for the best players and is pretty risky.

In the end it's your choice if you want to carry your whole team and destroy everything like this is Dragonball Z, or just hide behind a gunner and push grenades.

You don't hide behind gunners. If no other jedi is, at least one jedi should be as far as the first gunner in the team. Unless the gunner is clearly going too far too fast. You only go behind gunners to push back nades that would otherwise be thrown from too close for you to push back.

Eazy E

Banned
You don't hide behind gunners. If no other jedi is, at least one jedi should be as far as the first gunner in the team. Unless the gunner is clearly going too far too fast. You only go behind gunners to push back nades that would otherwise be thrown from too close for you to push back.
I didn't mean literally hide behind them :p

You would think that. You really would.

Instead within 5 rounds the server kicks you for instructing these poor, clueless, so easy to shoot in the back while laughing maniacally Jedi, with proper motivational techniques for explaining basic positioning and teamwork.

When they can't even function as bait and they don't listen to chat...what else is one to do?

On a side note I would request that the devs remove the little tooltip that informs players of what f1/f2/f3 do when it comes to allotting tk points.
It's not beneficial.
Trust me. I know.

What about teamplay as Gunner and STOP firing into a Sith when's he's moving everywhere while fighting a Jedi?

I have already stopped counting the number of time I have been TK by guys who just can't aim OR wait for a moment where we are far from each other. Noooooo, they just keep firing and I think I will gladly just turn my back for a second and kill that gunner.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I understand that some people just want to enjoy the game, but you can both learn how to play properly and enjoy the game at the same time... It really isn't that hard to give in to your pride and listen to players that may just be better than you. Even I take advice from people, from time to time.

What about teamplay as Gunner and STOP firing into a Sith when's he's moving everywhere while fighting a Jedi?

I have already stopped counting the number of time I have been TK by guys who just can't aim OR wait for a moment where we are far from each other. Noooooo, they just keep firing and I think I will gladly just turn my back for a second and kill that gunner.
Applies both ways bro, if a Sith gets knocked over when there's two Clones about don't pounce on him to get a kill cos you're actually helping him and probably getting shot in the process.

New gunners need to know when to shoot and when not to shoot and new Jedi and Sith need to know when not to attack enemy Sith.

Jedi/sith also need to position themselves properly against enemy saberists. Dueling in gunfire is kinda about stepping around your enemy and not letting yourself be put in a situation where your opponent isn't deterring his teammates from firing at you.

The problem I noticed is that saber players have a poor sense of awareness. Though its funny I say that because they have a force power to compensate for that.

If there is a firefight, being in the exact middle of the room while advancing the lines is just poor decsion making. You will get hit by a friendly I don't care how mlg you are or how mlg I am.

I stress this whenever I remember too, by saying in team chat to keep to the side of the walls while advancing. So we get our LOS and firing lines open on the enemey. If you are on the side with the walls it will be very much easier for us to not hit you. And it should be easier on you as well because if you hug the wall on your left, it completely eliminates a direction and you have less to worry about and just need to focus your 12 to 3 clock position.

If you are in the middle of the room, you have to worry about your 9, 12, and 3. Its very much easier on you and us if you just hug either the left or right wall and keep the middle open.

bsrlvc.png

Last edited:
Sorry but when your on the side of the main way in DOTF, your facing a jedi right in front of you and the guy behind STILL shoot in your back. No.
That's just bullshit and you know it.

Sorry but when your on the side of the main way in DOTF, your facing a jedi right in front of you and the guy behind STILL shoot in your back. No.
That's just bullshit and you know it.
Im sorry, I don't play on a server thats 24/7 one map.
That is kinda your problem, and need to stop playing dotf.

Reactions: LoU

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So lately I have noticed in open servers, that a lot of people are playing the jedi. Now I'm not gonna tell you that you can't play how you want, that's what makes the game fun, but if you want to help out your team and win, I can help you with that.

First, balance the teams. I don't mean even numbers on both sides, (though appreciated). I mean, the jedi to gun ratio. The Jedi is a support class. I prefer 1 Jedi to 2 guns, but 1 to 1 works also. As a Jedi, you are there to protect your gunner. I can't tell you how many times I have seen Jedi run in front of their team and get gunned down. The fact is, unless you are very VERY experienced, an experienced gun will beat you every time. Too help your team as the jedi.

Secondly, you need to keep Sith away from your gunners. Usually Sith will try to attack gunners when they get close. This is the perfect time to force push. Then, your gunner can shoot him while he's down. Cover your gunner when he has fallen or is reloading. Stand in front of him and block some bullets so he has time.

Lastly, for your own survival, utilize cover. You can not take infinite shots. Also ambushes are a good way to thin the enemy teams numbers. A gunners shots do less damage to your FP at longer ranges. Your best bet in a 1v1 with a gunner is to get by some cover and wait for him to come to you. This won't work all of the time, but it is a good strategy when you have no backup. At long distances, your FP should regenerate pretty quickly, so keeping distance on a gunner is good. If you have no other choice, or are facing a droideka, moving side to side is your best bet. When in range force push your target. This will not work 100% of the time, but it will help.

That's pretty much it. The Jedi is a support class, not assault, help your team. Thanks for reading!
I'm not sure that things you said should be applied only to jedi/sith. Noobs are noobs, they can't play as good as veterans just because they are noobs, they don't have an experience.

On other hand, gun fights in Movie Battles are pretty similar to other games, so newbies can use their skills from games they already played in MB2.
But sabering is unique to MB2, and people can get confused playing jedi first time.

So I guess you may have a point.
If there is a firefight, being in the exact middle of the room while advancing the lines is just poor decsion making. You will get hit by a friendly I don't care how mlg you are or how mlg I am.

I stress this whenever I remember too, by saying in team chat to keep to the side of the walls while advancing. So we get our LOS and firing lines open on the enemey. If you are on the side with the walls it will be very much easier for us to not hit you. And it should be easier on you as well because if you hug the wall on your left, it completely eliminates a direction and you have less to worry about and just need to focus your 12 to 3 clock position.
Sometimes in main corridor on dotf a get sniped to my back even though I always trying to stay at side.

And since this is announcement thread, can I do mine?

Dear nade users, please stop throwing grenades just in front of gang of jedi. Sometimes you let nade go when there's four jedi at other side, and they push it back indeed, what cause you and your teammates to die in pitiful way.
So when you're about to throw a grenade, make sure there is not a lot of glowsticks around. Thank you.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
If you are getting team killed while hugging the walls. Nobody will blame you for hitting punish imo.
What? It's very unfriendly and maybe even rude to punish for a tk which was unintended.
I never used punish for something that was done not on purpose, no matter how stupid it was.
I pressed F1 only 2 or maybe 3 times for all time I play, and that was against a trolls who tked no doubtly on purpose.

What? It's very unfriendly and maybe even rude to punish for a tk which was unintended.
I never used punish for something that was done not on purpose, no matter how stupid it was.
I pressed F1 only 2 or maybe 3 times for all time I play, and that was against a trolls who tked no doubtly on purpose.
I never punish either, im just saying nobody will blame you if you do.

I punish sometimes, if the TK was because the other person had no regard for you at all then they get punished. Did it the other day because a Jedi TKed me when I was punching a guy on the floor. Tried to steal my kill, TKed me instead, gets punished.

I mainly play either ET or a Jedi/Sith role, so i'm familiar with these complaints.

As a gunner, if you don't have a shot, don't fire. It really isn't that hard. I don't understand why people are always like "OMG YOU RAN IN THE WAY." Stop firing if you see a teammate walking/running in the way (this includes grenades). Don't keep shooting as if they don't exist. If you want to take risky shots, prepare for the risky teamkill and the following punish points. As a Jedi/Sith, I know when I've messed up by running in the way and forgive TKs that are my fault. If I was standing still on side of the map and you still killed me, you are getting punished and probably not getting any further support in that area. If you took a risky shot between me and the enemy in front of me because you wanted to kill steal, you are getting punished.

As a Jedi/Sith, we do NOT have to do anything. A Jedi/Sith is not always going to play a support role, especially if their teammates are good enough to just steam roll the enemy. It is your job as an individual player to match your play style to your team. Another thing gunners appear to forget is just because a Jedi/Sith is running and/or swings does not mean they are vulnerable to push or any force power. Force block exists for a reason. A lot of the times it is safer to focus on evading the enemy instead of shooting at them. Several TKs happen when a jedi/sith is TRYING to play a support role and instead gets TKed while trying to save his teammate. The majority of the time I try to eliminate this problem by standing and holding block between the enemy and the gunner. This provides one of three scenarios. Either the jedi/sith is going to keep attacking me which is going to open him up for gunfire or he's going to try to jump over me opening himself up for a backwhack.

TL;DR:
- Fit your playstyle to match your team and stop expecting them to play how you want them to.
- Stop being so god damn kill greedy.

I mainly play either ET or a Jedi/Sith role, so i'm familiar with these complaints.

As a gunner, if you don't have a shot, don't fire. It really isn't that hard. I don't understand why people are always like "OMG YOU RAN IN THE WAY." Stop firing if you see a teammate walking/running in the way (this includes grenades).

You forget about snipers, and how if a gunner doesnt try to suppress the sniper. He wont get a chance to get into cover. And most of the time from what ive experinced. The sniper is always on the shoulder of the saber user on the gunners perspective. And it drives me nuts how they are always in that kind of spot.