Team markers above heads

In JKA siege teammates have these team markers shown above their heads which help you distinguish them from enemies. In MB2 there are no distinguishers between teams whatsoever. No different colours on the models, nothing. The only way to know who is your enemy is to remember which models are for which faction and to distinguish saber colours between Jedi and Sith. You can also aim the players and see if their names and your crosshair are red or green, but that's pretty inconvenient too when you must shoot immediately or mistake an ally for an enemy and kill them. These markers would serve as proper distinguishers between teammates and enemies and there would be less teamkills which arise from mistaking friends as enemies. They would also mark where you shouldn't shoot when shooting at enemies as to not hit teammates as it would make teammates more prominent. As these markers already exist in JKA, I guess they wouldn't be hard to implement.

Reactions: ent

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The problem with the basejka ones is that they're extremely intrusive.

There were a few discussions about doing something similar but less intrusive but it never really got implemented.

Fr. Im tired of being tk'd as a clone because dumbass, fake Star Wars fans said "BUT YOU LOOK LIKE A STORMTROOPER"

Nigga, tf u on?

The problem with the basejka ones is that they're extremely intrusive.

There were a few discussions about doing something similar but less intrusive but it never really got implemented.
Can't you just make their texture transparent, and maybe also make them smaller? You can do this with any image-editing program.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Can't you just make their texture transparent, and maybe also make them smaller? You can do this with any image-editing program.

They already are transparent. Making them smaller would help but I would still rather find a better way of doing it. Would help if JKA could do post processing of any kind :(.
Everything can always be made optional: some enable it, some disable it.
They never distracted me in my experience, so I'd enable them.
People like you have another experience, so they better keep it disabled.

Why not make it better and make it an option?

For example there are cases in MB2 where people would be at various elevations, particularly in DOTF, where a teammate could be in front of you with an enemy up on the higher ground, but the teammate icon blocks good sight of the enemy making it harder to aim. So, there would need to be a region towards the center of the screen where the icons go translucent where as they don't need to be on the edge.

I would also like to make it a more generic symbol rather than the icon of your faction since that will make it a nicer simpler icon that isn't reliant on special settings (IDK if JKA auto grabs it from something), results in less visual clutter (no small details), and takes up less overall space while achieving the same thing.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
For example there are cases in MB2 where people would be at various elevations, particularly in DOTF, where a teammate could be in front of you with an enemy up on the higher ground, but the teammate icon blocks good sight of the enemy making it harder to aim. So, there would need to be a region towards the center of the screen where the icons go translucent where as they don't need to be on the edge.
This might be possible with shaders. Don't quote me on this though as the only shader experience I have is with Unity.

I think it would be useful make Tk-ing a little bit less too, but good point about it blocking a target, perhaps have it on like the back of someone? or upper shoulder?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
perhaps have it on like the back of someone? or upper shoulder?

A dorito works best for most games, but having something center-mass ish probably wouldn't be bad at all for MB2 considering it doesn't have issues that require a dorito. Definitely something to consider.

Remove the seasonal hat and replace them into Blue or Red hat and choose if you can enable it in settings or not. Please do :D Who never had an hard time selecting your target and your whole team die because you were affraid to take a shot

Attachments

• 20170714104424_1.jpg
    20170714104424_1.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 176