Swap the swing interrupt interaction for saber v gunner

As the title suggest currently if you don't swingblock a blaster hit you take damage (FP and health) and get knocked back for a distance. If you swingblock however you take no damage, take massive FP damage, get knocked back for a distance and your swing gets interrupted. In my eyes this creates a situation where as a gunner, even if you hit your shot close range the saberists can just tank it and, because they are not swingblocking (slower movement), they can close the distance they just lost by getting hit and still hit their saber swing.

I think it could be interesting to swap the interrupt interaction so if a jedi doesn't swingblock and gets hit by a blaster their swing is canceled and they take damage, but if they swingblock and get hit their swing still goes through with the knockback and massive FP damage. This is more balanced because having to swingblock makes them easier to hit and thus easier to knockback. It also provides a nice reason to pick saber def 3

Is there any reason to not give the blasters higher projectile speed? I want to love playing gunner but the amount of things i have to take into consideration versus a saber is just too much for my puny brain.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Is there any reason to not give the blasters higher projectile speed?

We have bumped blaster projectile speed pretty heavily multiple times in the past 5 years or so. I feel they are just about right now, I don't think we will be bumping them any further.

Currently a saberist doing good input order is punished more than someone letting go of everything and trading HP for a kill, so I agree with Bully if it can be looked uppon!
There are also cases where the pushback isn't registered during certain end state of animation or rare animations.