Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
I've been playing MBII for a few years now, but I've never been very active on the forums. Here's some ideas I have for making Mandalorians more fun, both to play and fight against. Feel free to let me know what you think!

//Edit: For clarification, I don't think Mandos should get ALL of these at once, these are just some options to think about for future changes. i.e. They wouldn't get all three of the new gadget options in point 2, just one to replace Wrist Laser.

1. Fast Get-ups, better mobility:
This one is a shameless plug for giving Mandos more melee ability, but I think it could make them more interesting overall. Mandos should have, at the very least, the sideroll get-ups that heroes/BHs can do. It never made sense to me why the "Jedi Killer" class gets hit so hard by force pushes and other knockdowns, and lore-wise Mandos would certainly train in force-countering techniques like this. Ideally, this could be taken as far as allowing Mandos to trade in their jetpacks for ARC or Jedi tier dexterity, though obviously without the mega-roll and sprint abilities that make ARC unique, and also without a stamina cost. Alternatively, Mandos could be allowed to press jump when knocked down to flare their jetpacks and get up, obviously at the cost of a bit of fuel, much like saber classes can use the force to do.
2. Wrist Laser
I don't think I've met anybody that thinks Wrist Laser is a good option, and most seem to regard it as trash compared to the flamethrower. Aside from its wonky aim, I feel that the main issue with it is the fact that it can overheat and break, so that might be a good place to start. One idea is to have it simply overheat without breaking, making that first shot regenerate much slower if you dump all of them. Alternatively, the regen rate on the shots could be bumped up so it's harder to run out of ammo with. If Wrist Laser is completely unsalvageable, there are also a few things it could be replaced with:

2a. Rope
Wrist Laser could be replaced with the fibercord whip we see Boba and Jango use in the movies. The way I see this working, is that it starts with two or three ropes of ammo, and when fired at someone from reasonably close range, it would tie them up and restrict them from doing anything besides running within the length of the rope. The way to escape would be to switch to your fists and "untangle" yourself (read: punch like 5 times or something). Mandos would be able to drag people around, which combined with the jetpack, could make for some fun gameplay. This could even go as far as using the rope to help ground-bound teammates reach higher locations and vantage points. If the grappled person punches their way out of the rope, it is released and you lose that "shot" for it. If the Mando retracts the rope themselves, they get to keep the ammo and potentially reuse it. The main downside here is that the rope could be hard to implement from a programming or animation standpoint.
2b. Wrist-Mounted Vibroblade
A fairly simple replacement for the Wrist Laser would be a built in blade of some kind, similar to ones we have on some FA maps, namely the Clone Assassin blades from Jedi Temple. I don't know much about sabering, so I leave the details of this up to my betters.
2c. Repulsor Blast
Another simple-ish idea is a repulsor blast fired from the wrist, like the one seen at 0:58 here. I imagine implementing this would be pretty easy too, as it would essentially just be a force push.
If Wrist Laser does end up being replaced entirely, I think it would be a nice touch to make the Westar's level 1 animations be replaced with that of the Wrist Laser, if only for the sake of having some kind of wrist blaster on Mandos. This one would just be a visual change. Westar shooty mechanics would stay untouched.
3. Fuel Regen
Not very exciting, but another idea is to give Mandos the ability to recharge their fuel reserves, just as some characters can on certain FA maps. This could either be as a side effect of maxing out the fuel upgrades, or as a new upgrade entirely. I'd also like to use this to call attention to the bug that when Mandos receive lightsabers on !spin servers, swinging the saber uses up a little bit of fuel, which unfortunately does not regenerate.
4. EE-3 Sniper Nerf
I saved the most boring for last, but I always find snipers incredibly unfun to play against. I propose that the EE3's sniper mode should be nerfed a bit to be brought more in line with the ARC trooper's M5 carbine.

That's all, folks! Thanks for reading through, I'd appreciate any feedback.
Also, this is my first post, be gentle. :)

Last edited:
You just wanna tie someone's sorry ass up and drag them around the map for shits and giggles. I love all of these changes though. But I think the EE3 should have the sniper mode removed and have higher accuracy like the M5 Carbine, besides, the EE3 shoots slower anyway so it's not like it is gonna make it op.

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
You just wanna tie someone's sorry ass up and drag them around the map for shits and giggles.
Correction, I just wanna tie someone's sorry ass up and yeet them into the Death Star pit. But yeah, any changes to make the EE3 less snipe-y are fine by me.

Switch to melee to break....or choose not to and still be able to fire your gun while you get dragged into the air with the mando.

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
Switch to melee to break....or choose not to and still be able to fire your gun while you get dragged into the air with the mando.
Eh, not sure how I feel about that. It might make it useless because you'd still be able to run around near the Mando within the range of the rope, so you could just out-pewpew them like normal and move on with your day. It'd also make it suicide against Jedi.

Mando is one of the most overplayed classes in the game. I'm all for new content in the game and have nothing against it but let's sort out classes like wookiee first.

remove the ee-3's sniper mode and the m5's sniper mode, then get to reworking the remaining snipers to remove those crutch weapons from the game, better for everyone involved, barring those who crutch on them i suppose.

also mando definitely doesn't need any changes like tylenol was saying it is very overplayed and is a very competitive class, but i do think it'd be nice for mando to get the fast getup. Wrist mounted melee weapons, rope and whatnot are a bit far for a class that is already very competitive.

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
Mando is one of the most overplayed classes in the game. I'm all for new content in the game and have nothing against it but let's sort out classes like wookiee first.

For sure. I'm not saying these are changes that need to be in tomorrow, just throwing out some suggestions for my favorite class.

remove the ee-3's sniper mode and the m5's sniper mode, then get to reworking the remaining snipers to remove those crutch weapons from the game, better for everyone involved, barring those who crutch on them i suppose.

also mando definitely doesn't need any changes like tylenol was saying it is very overplayed and is a very competitive class, but i do think it'd be nice for mando to get the fast getup. Wrist mounted melee weapons, rope and whatnot are a bit far for a class that is already very competitive.

As much as I dislike facing snipers, the m5 is probably the most balanced one in the game imo. Like I said to Grub though, any change that makes things less snipey is fine by me.

As for the other changes, I definitely feel that Mandos need some kind of alternative gadget to shake things up, because most Mando builds end up looking very similar, with the only major difference being the choice of weapon.

I've been playing MBII for a few years now, but I've never been very active on the forums. Here's some ideas I have for making Mandalorians more fun, both to play and fight against. Feel free to let me know what you think!

1. Fast Get-ups, better mobility:
This one is a shameless plug for giving Mandos more melee ability, but I think it could make them more interesting overall. Mandos should have, at the very least, the sideroll get-ups that heroes/BHs can do. It never made sense to me why the "Jedi Killer" class gets hit so hard by force pushes and other knockdowns, and lore-wise Mandos would certainly train in force-countering techniques like this. Ideally, this could be taken as far as allowing Mandos to trade in their jetpacks for ARC or Jedi tier dexterity, though obviously without the mega-roll and sprint abilities that make ARC unique, and also without a stamina cost. Alternatively, Mandos could be allowed to press jump when knocked down to flare their jetpacks and get up, obviously at the cost of a bit of fuel, much like saber classes can use the force to do.
2. Wrist Laser
I don't think I've met anybody that thinks Wrist Laser is a good option, and most seem to regard it as trash compared to the flamethrower. Aside from its wonky aim, I feel that the main issue with it is the fact that it can overheat and break, so that might be a good place to start. One idea is to have it simply overheat without breaking, making that first shot regenerate much slower if you dump all of them. Alternatively, the regen rate on the shots could be bumped up so it's harder to run out of ammo with. If Wrist Laser is completely unsalvageable, there are also a few things it could be replaced with:

2a. Rope
Wrist Laser could be replaced with the fibercord whip we see Boba and Jango use in the movies. The way I see this working, is that it starts with two or three ropes of ammo, and when fired at someone from reasonably close range, it would tie them up and restrict them from doing anything besides running within the length of the rope. The way to escape would be to switch to your fists and "untangle" yourself (read: punch like 5 times or something). Mandos would be able to drag people around, which combined with the jetpack, could make for some fun gameplay. This could even go as far as using the rope to help ground-bound teammates reach higher locations and vantage points. If the grappled person punches their way out of the rope, it is released and you lose that "shot" for it. If the Mando retracts the rope themselves, they get to keep the ammo and potentially reuse it. The main downside here is that the rope could be hard to implement from a programming or animation standpoint.
2b. Wrist-Mounted Vibroblade
A fairly simple replacement for the Wrist Laser would be a built in blade of some kind, similar to ones we have on some FA maps, namely the Clone Assassin blades from Jedi Temple. I don't know much about sabering, so I leave the details of this up to my betters.
2c. Repulsor Blast
Another simple-ish idea is a repulsor blast fired from the wrist, like the one seen at 0:58 here. I imagine implementing this would be pretty easy too, as it would essentially just be a force push.
If Wrist Laser does end up being replaced entirely, I think it would be a nice touch to make the Westar's level 1 animations be replaced with that of the Wrist Laser, if only for the sake of having some kind of wrist blaster on Mandos. This one would just be a visual change. Westar shooty mechanics would stay untouched.
3. Fuel Regen
Not very exciting, but another idea is to give Mandos the ability to recharge their fuel reserves, just as some characters can on certain FA maps. This could either be as a side effect of maxing out the fuel upgrades, or as a new upgrade entirely. I'd also like to use this to call attention to the bug that when Mandos receive lightsabers on !spin servers, swinging the saber uses up a little bit of fuel, which unfortunately does not regenerate.
4. EE-3 Sniper Nerf
I saved the most boring for last, but I always find snipers incredibly unfun to play against. I propose that the EE3's sniper mode should be nerfed a bit to be brought more in line with the ARC trooper's M5 carbine.

That's all, folks! Thanks for reading through, I'd appreciate any feedback.
Also, this is my first post, be gentle. :)
Are you kidding, the Mandalorian class is already varied and has a jetpack which helps against every class.
Though i don't mind the idea i think a lot of these buffs should go to Heros/Bounty Hunters instead

The real problem is the soldier class which is limited to two weak weapons and hopeless in sticky situations considering there is no way to get anything worth using against any type of opponent such as a vibroblade against a wookie/droideka/forceless sith. it's basically a class for trolling considering how weak it is

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
Are you kidding, the Mandalorian class is already varied and has a jetpack which helps against every class.
Though i don't mind the idea i think a lot of these buffs should go to Heros/Bounty Hunters instead

The real problem is the soldier class which is limited to two weak weapons and hopeless in sticky situations considering there is no way to get anything worth using against any type of opponent such as a vibroblade against a wookie/droideka/forceless sith. it's basically a class for trolling considering how weak it is

Very strongly disagree. Like I said to Appo above, Mando builds usually look almost identical, with the main difference being in whether they pick Westars or EE-3. I wouldn't be against something new for Heroes/BHs, but they shouldn't be buffed while Projectile Rifles are still as good as they are. Their other weapons are nothing to scoff at as well. Heroes should also be looked at, because Heal, Dodge, and Dash is an awful combo to fight on one character.

Soldier could probably use some touch-ups, but that's not what this thread is about. The vibroblade would probably be more of an ambush tool for unsuspecting Jedi, or to make a gunner shit themselves in a tight space.

Very strongly disagree. Like I said to Appo above, Mando builds usually look almost identical, with the main difference being in whether they pick Westars or EE-3. I wouldn't be against something new for Heroes/BHs, but they shouldn't be buffed while Projectile Rifles are still as good as they are. Their other weapons are nothing to scoff at as well. Heroes should also be looked at, because Heal, Dodge, and Dash is an awful combo to fight on one character.

Soldier could probably use some touch-ups, but that's not what this thread is about. The vibroblade would probably be more of an ambush tool for unsuspecting Jedi, or to make a gunner shit themselves in a tight space.
If your suggestion were to work, many other classes would need buffing which i agree with. otherwise this buff is too much variety for this one class

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
If your suggestion were to work, many other classes would need buffing which i agree with. otherwise this buff is too much variety for this one class
Oh, I probably should have clarified better in my first post. This isn't one big change for Mandos, and I definitely don't think they should get all of this. Just some ideas for future changes. I imagine at best two of these things being added.

As for the other changes, I definitely feel that Mandos need some kind of alternative gadget to shake things up, because most Mando builds end up looking very similar, with the only major difference being the choice of weapon.

out of curiosity btw are you an NA or EU player?

the same is true of pretty much every class in the game, you have meme builds and you have competitive builds and almost every class has only 1 - 2 competitive builds disregarding saberists.

the same is true for clones where the equipment variation is pretty much just which set of blobs you want at high level, though 9 times out of 10 it's conc blobs for obvious reasons

also the m5 scoped is probably the most OP sniper in mb2 im not sure what you mean by saying that it is the most balanced, it's on the highest mobility class with zero downside for jumping around like an absolute loon destroying people with it, it has the highest skill ceiling and lowest skill floor of all the snipers, pretty retarded in terms of weapon design and can be demonstrated to be extremely busted in good hands by literally any ARC main who spends time learning to use it.

other snipers are busted for varying reasons - ee3 is a double shot hyper damage battle rifle, proj is a shotgun and the ruptor is hitscan instadeath which basically just requires clever positioning to instantly kill enemies.

but i don't mean to clutter your thread up with sniper bitching, so i'll agree more utility items could be cool for mando but not while snipers are still in the game and in as dominant as a role as they currently possess.

Last edited:

Melee Mando

Internal Beta Team
out of curiosity btw are you an NA or EU player?

the same is true of pretty much every class in the game, you have meme builds and you have competitive builds and almost every class has only 1 - 2 competitive builds disregarding saberists.

the same is true for clones where the equipment variation is pretty much just which set of blobs you want at high level, though 9 times out of 10 it's conc blobs for obvious reasons

also the m5 scoped is probably the most OP sniper in mb2 im not sure what you mean by saying that it is the most balanced, it's on the highest mobility class with zero downside for jumping around like an absolute loon destroying people with it, it has the highest skill ceiling and lowest skill floor of all the snipers, pretty retarded in terms of weapon design and can be demonstrated to be extremely busted in good hands by literally any ARC main who spends time learning to use it.

other snipers are busted for varying reasons - ee3 is a double shot hyper damage battle rifle, proj is a shotgun and the ruptor is hitscan instadeath which basically just requires clever positioning to instantly kill enemies.

but i don't mean to clutter your thread up with sniper bitching, so i'll agree more utility items could be cool for mando but not while snipers are still in the game and in as dominant as a role as they currently possess.

NA, and don't worry about the "sniper bitching" as you put it. I do enough of that myself to get where you're coming from. I've never had too much of an issue with the M5 because I feel like I never see people using it. I save most of my sniper hate for the other three, because I despise dying by someone I didn't know existed without ever getting a chance to do something about it. Now that I think about it though, yeah, probably not the greatest idea to give the parkour class a sniper rifle.
In regards to what you said about builds being same-y, I feel like soldiers, regular Gloans and Mandos get the worst of it. Most others usually get some more variation between weapons, saber styles, powers and abilities, and upgrades for the droids. I agree that the other same-y ones definitely need help and that Mandos aren't unique in having this issue, but I made this specifically about Mando because that's my main and the one I'm most familiar with.