Some ideas

I would like to provide some feedback and potential ideas for our developers. It's great that this mod's mechanics keep receiving improvements but maybe focusing on other areas might be beneficial.

I recommend looking into additional game modes such as a Base Mode(Free roam like Base JO/JA), Free-For-All and Capture the Holocron. Also a mode that gives players experience and levels from kills, currency, and the opportunity to appear on a leaderboard might be worth considering. With the currency we could purchase weapons, attachments, and hidden weapon skins or models for that mode.

Also I had two suggestions regarding mechanics. The grappling hook and the ledge grab. Players have been asking for them for several years, we should find a way to utilize them in all modes.

This is a team-based mod, so I doubt any FFA type mode would be added (besides Duel, but that's for saber practice anyway). I wouldn't mind a CTF style mode though (Infinite respawns pls). Ledge grab sounds nice, but the animation would have to be created. The currency and levels stuff is too much for this engine as is, and is just too much trouble for some devs that code on their free time. Try not to expect too much modern shooter stuff like special weapon skins beyond what is added for specific characters in open mode (though I wouldn't hate choosing them like a saber hilt).

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
The currency and levels stuff is too much for this engine as is, and is just too much trouble for some devs that code on their free time.

*coughs*JKG*coughs*

Virtually everything in the OP can be implemented given enough time - it's just a question of "will the team go for it?"

I know its not the same as being able to pick a skin like a saber hilt but you can easily change weapon skins the same way you change model skins. For instance my ruptor is the white model that I saw in some FA, and all of my e11 are the ep7 white ones currently. I also have had some proj replacements but usually end up getting tired of looking at muskets and stuff and go back to the regular, and I even used to have an e11 that looked like an AK47 so its just about how much you want to edit the models yourself.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
I know its not the same as being able to pick a skin like a saber hilt but you can easily change weapon skins the same way you change model skins. For instance my ruptor is the white model that I saw in some FA, and all of my e11 are the ep7 white ones currently. I also have had some proj replacements but usually end up getting tired of looking at muskets and stuff and go back to the regular, and I even used to have an e11 that looked like an AK47 so its just about how much you want to edit the models yourself.

I remember someone from the dev team said that the hud code is a complete mess or something and it would take way too much time coding a weapon skin selection