UPDATE: The lightsabers in this addon simply makes the blades skinnier to give off a more Star Wars: Rebels type of design. Requires Penekepack to work.

BEFORE AND AFTER
Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

You NEED Penekepack for this to work properly. All you have to do is add this patch edit and you're good to go.

To Install: Simply drag and drop the patch edit into your MBII folder (the one inside of the GameData folder.)

To Uninstall: Simply delete the "z_zzSkinnySabers.pk3" patch.

DOWNLOAD: >HERE<
Penekepack 1.6.2 Download: Here
Penekepack 1.7 Download: Here

Last edited:
Upvote 0
DISCLAIMER: I made absolutely NONE of the models or textures used in Penekepack, all I did was go into the patch and edit the saber thickness. This was not hard, however I just wanted to make this for those who would like the more thin Star Wars: Rebels type of lightsaber. All credit for models and textures goes to Penekowski. Since this is not my addon, I am not responsible for bug fixes or crashes, but I will try to help if I do know how to fix a certain problem.

IMGUR Screenshots: Right Here

You will need to have the base Penekeback installed. All you have to do is add this patch edit and you're good to go.
Link to the Official Penekepack: Right Here
To Install:
Simply drag and drop the patch edit into your MBII folder (the one inside of the GameData folder.)
To Uninstall: Simply download the Official Penekepatch 1.6.2+ and replace the patchedit with it.

ALSO: For those who installed the addon that includes the base and patch together, this may or may not work for you.
To fix this follow these simple directions:
-Open the .pk3 file of the official Penekepack
-Open the "ext-data" folder
-Open the "sabers" folder
-Replace all the files with the ones made from the patch edit, and you should be good to go!

DOWNLOAD: Right Here
Nice work. I will test it soon.

You should be able to have the Imperial Heroes addon as well if you just rename your pack to z_z_zz_zz(Insert anything here).

Finally updated to be compatible with Penekepack 1.7.

You can find the 1.6.2 download in the "Old Versions" section.

Last edited:

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Thanks, I really like how skinnysabers look. It makes fat lightsaber colors like purple and yellow look far better and more crisp. Doesn't look as good on 30/60 FPS youtube recordings though for some reason t.t. But for playing I love em.

But I have to say, the fonts/colors/style you chose for the OP... horrifyingly bad lul.

Why would use it ? :p
Some people prefer 1.6.2 over 1.7

Thanks, I really like how skinnysabers look. It makes fat lightsaber colors like purple and yellow look far better and more crisp. Doesn't look as good on 30/60 FPS youtube recordings though for some reason t.t. But for playing I love em.

But I have to say, the fonts/colors/style you chose for the OP... horrifyingly bad lul.
I saw some of your dueling videos and I thought that those sabers looked a little more skinny than usual :D
Also, I don't know what you meant by OP but I'm gonna take a guess and say it's "Original post," in which case I've modified it to make it a little easier on the eyes, which I planned on doing anyways :p

Reactions: SeV
As of right now I'd suggest removing this patch until the next Penekepatch is out. This will likely conflict with the new lightsabers and whatnot added with the game's latest update.

Last edited:
Aight so I decided to get off my ass and fix up the patch to work with the current version of MBII (which is no longer compatible with Penekepack,) and as a result this is now a standalone patch. When Penekepatch updates I will likely make another version of the patch compatible with it too. Until then, enjoy!

Last edited:
Phoenix bb you need to update this... My life aint the same ever since i cant use skinny saber anymore...

You're my only hope

If I knew how to do that, you think i would be posting here? → :)

Some of you seems to forget that really not all of us are experimented into files editings, it honestly make me anxious to play into stuff which I dont even understand properly

Now tho, if you have a guide, a comprehensive way for a total nooblet to do it, with 0 error margins, please, go ahead and enlighten me! I'd be more then glad to not depend on others, like a pesky rat, to make my own stuff! But I dont know how it work, 0.

Last edited: