•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Setting up a Server

So I've just started my own server, got it running fine, got rcon going and players can join no problem, but I've no idea how to get rtv going, I'm being told smod is a must even though all my googling has been fruitless, and I'm pretty much in the dark about most add-ons for the server, haha. Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize if a similar thread has already been made; my quick skim of the forums hasn't help either.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
There is a different server config that has rtv in it. i forget how to enable that though

So I've gotten as far as getting smod working, I've got MOST of rtv working, but when I run the server I get an error message after everything works.
RTV MB2 Server Error Message
It's saying there's no server start line, which... I'm a little confused as to what it means by that, as the server has clearly started and loaded everything. Any help would be appreciated!

Bumping, as until rtv gets working no one seems to be willing to use the actual Vote system in game. Had a number of disconnects due to "not being able to change the map". Odd how reliant people seem to be on the rtv system.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Make sure your rtvrtm.cfg is pointing to the server log. If this is a dedicated linux server, the log may not be in the MBII folder.

After you are sure the path to the log is correct, stop the server, stop rtv, delete the current log, start the server, start rtv.

If no one has told you how beautiful you were today, let it be known. Lol, thanks very much Viserys of the house Targaryen, third of his name, king of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, lord of the seven kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If no one has told you how beautiful you were today, let it be known. Lol, thanks very much Viserys of the house Targaryen, third of his name, king of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, lord of the seven kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

Third of HER name :p

And for duel server, should work the same way. You just need to modify the rtvrtm.cfg for Duel mode, if you have enabled to auto switch to a map and mode when the server is empty. And obviously change the maps in maps.txt and secondary_maps.txt

Make sure you have the latest RTV script. It is attached on the last MB2 update patch.

Hate to seem incompetent, but *incompetence* I keep getting an "incorrect format for mode priority" error when I try to run rtvrtm.py

server.cfg
g_gametype "7" for MB2 gametype
g_authenticity "3" for Duel mode

rtvrtm.cfg
Default game: 3 mb2_duel_dotf for obvious reasons
Maps are all mb2_duel_xxxxxx maps in both maps secondary maps. I doubt those have anything to do with it, but just in case.

Also, the rtvrtm.py file was downloaded yesterday from repairing my installation so I'm /hoping/ that's up to date.

EDIT: Cancel that. I've changed so many options and made so many mistake I think it's now functioning. XD Thanks again for the help Viserys. Still got my dragon banners raised.

Last edited: