•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server ping sucks

Drusinian

Donator
windows server.

I have basically just set up a simple server following the tutorials I saw in the forum and such. its got rtv and server messages. its all hosted on my gaming desktop. which by all accounts should be a strong server pc.
its connected to 1gigabit fibre optic internet via a cat6 ethernet cable.
my server.cfg is the same as every other tutorial file I saw minus my passwords and server name.

everyone is basically telling me they get bad ping on my server. ew glowstick is Canadian and tr deathstar is American but i get 1-50 ping there. so I'm in the area where they should be able to connect to me. eastern Canada southern Ontario close to new York. maybe I'm crazy and I'm just super north compared to deathstar or something and that's why; but if anyone knows of anything I could do to improve peoples connection to me I'd be glad to hear it. whether its router settings or a link to a tutorial for it.
I tried google already but I'm too dumb

bad ping being like 75+ in best cases 100+ in most. 999 in the worst

also side note even though it could be its own topic (which I may do) anyone know how to remove body blocking in a duel server. I heard its related to the names showing up. if its a private .dll or something that's fine just wondering

Last edited: