•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Server not properly showing in Server list

So I setup a server from scratch (I control the machine and firewall) and:

1. When I port forward destination port 29070 only I can have people who are external connect IF I provide them the IP address (server does not show in server list). See screenshot #1 for proof, internal and external can connect to server, again only the external user if they know the IP address.

2. I noticed on the firewall that MB2 connections were being made with SOURCE ports similar to the normal server port (like 29067/29068), to random destination ports (see screenshot #2) at the public IP address of the server. I decided to forward those (which to my knowledge is not required) and my server does show up in the server list, but at multiple ports and wrong ports (see screenshot #3). I am guessing these random connections are maybe to test where the server is listening? Based on what people have said is required and the weird behavior I don't believe this is correct either.

So where am I going wrong/what is the traffic expected flow between user to server/master server to server?
Any help is appreciated.

Nam Gam Pak.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.png
    2.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.png
    3.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 151
Solution
Thank you @Spaghetti! That was exactly what I needed. Server now shows in server list on the website as well as in game (on the proper port).

You not only need to Port Forward destination port 29070 to your server from the outside, but you also need to ensure any traffic coming from your server with source port 29070 stays that way going through the firewall (this is called Outbound NAT on my firewall).

Cheers and NAM GAM PAK.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The master server will only list a server that is accessible to it. Which means your server needs to be advertising itself on a reachable port. Which also means that your router needs to be forwarding and mapping ports correctly. Obviously something is wrong with how you have configured things. I cannot say anything more helpful being unfamiliar with your specific router and network configuration. Fundamentally your router needs to map in a 1:1 relationship the external port for your Internet connection to an IP and port on the internal network, so any external traffic targeting the port goes to the internal on the mapped port and any responses are sent as coming from the external port.

Thank you @Spaghetti! That was exactly what I needed. Server now shows in server list on the website as well as in game (on the proper port).

You not only need to Port Forward destination port 29070 to your server from the outside, but you also need to ensure any traffic coming from your server with source port 29070 stays that way going through the firewall (this is called Outbound NAT on my firewall).

Cheers and NAM GAM PAK.

Solution