•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server isn't showing on list

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
So i have a server and sometimes it shows up on the server list but most of the time it doesnt. Anyone know how to fix or why?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If it's a dedicated server, make sure your server.bat is as follows

Code:
jampDed.exe +set fs_game "MBII" +set net_port 29070 +exec server.cfg +g_dedicated 2

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
kek its not showing again
halp
In which list you can't see your server: in-game list or web-list -- Movie Battles II Server List ?
Check is your server visible in web-list.

Anyhow, the most often reasons why a server doesn't appear in the list are router and firewall.
They block incoming connections which are required to host a server.
It's necessary to configure port forwarding in router in order to have your server available by other people.
It's necessary to configure firewall (NOD, Kaspersky, Comodo, Windows built-in...) in the way it won't block server's process from receiving incoming connections.

Ask somebody to manually connect your server, via console.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
i have portforwarded and it doesnt show in either list ill look and jedi academy isn't blocked by my firewall

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i have portforwarded
Make sure your port forwarding settings aren't outdated.

Maybe a router gave new IP address to your computer, but port forwarding is set old one? Sometimes that happens.

Maybe you ran game itself, and then started a server.
Movie Battles client opens port 29070 by default, so it became unavailable for jampded.exe, so it switched to 29071, which maybe isn't forwarded.
jedi academy isn't blocked by my firewall
Firewall must be configured to pass data for jampded.exe, not jasp.exe or jamp.exe.

7b766cf98fa9.png

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
well jampded.exe isnt an option to allow in firewall settings but i set it to run as admin in its properties and let it have full control of everything which so far has seemed to work again ill let you know if it stops working

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
so i cant start teh server ingame? good to know
You can.
You can create a server in client, using menu (though it's not recommended).
You can run simultaneously as many servers (via jampDed.exe or openjkded.exe) as you want, plus run game itself -- and you aren't restricted to single instance, run as many as your hardware allows (but there are some important details to explain).
You can do everything.

But you have to pay attention to server's console output, and watch for port it uses (see a screenshot in my previous post).
Be warned that each new server instance takes a new port -- ports cannot be shared.
Be warned that each new game instance takes a new port as well. If you want port 29070 to be always available for server, edit game config so game opens some other port.