Semi Serious Suggestion 2: When Clones Fly

Ok round two of stupid yet well thought out suggestions.

I have heard players complain about the Rebel side not having any flying classes, people complaining about how Reb classes are not as "fun", and that clones are boring/EZ. What if we gave clones jump packs? I mean the type of jetpack that gives you one quick burst of flight. This could fix the low mobility/trouble getting in problem that the Reb side has.

Ok, on to the details. The jump packs would definitely have to cost at least 30 points just like the minigun. Minigun jumpers *shudder* 0_0. I think the packs would have to operate on a cooldown system instead of a fuel system. Let us say that after one jump the ability would go on cooldown for 15 seconds. I know that seems like a lot but bear with me until I theorize about how the jump would work. With this mechanic in mind, we could make extra tiers of the ability that would make it recharge faster or grant a better jump. Perhaps at max level the player would gain a second jump? We could make it so if you want full armor with a fully upgraded jump pack, you would be restricted to Clone rifle one. That would probably be going to far though.

Let us move on to the mechanics of the jump packs. How high should the jump be? Well If we went with a single tier system then the jump should be able to go at least as high as a jump 1 force user wasting all of their FP on a single jump. The jump pack should only be able to be activated at a certain jump height. The angle of the jump should depend on the Y-axis of the player's aim, similar to the lunge length of jump kicks. The jumps should either go high or go far. The player would have no fall damage when they use the jump pack. The flight should have a fixed duration that accounts for the player falling, and should be activated until after the player hits the ground. This would nullify fall damage, making rolls unneeded. If the player uses the jump pack from a great height, the jump pack should have a short grace period where it grants the player no fall damage, but not one so long that the player will not have to worry or think about jumping from ludicrous heights. This kind of flight should be part of the jetpack's niche.

Final jump pack questions for you guys: Should blobs be disabled when jumping? Multi level system or single level? Should jumpers be vulnerable to force push?

So how would a jump pack clone be at least as good as a EE-3 Mandalorian? First, the jumps would make it so that clones can reach ledges quickly and win the high ground quickly. Second, the jumps would be a good consistent retreat. Instead of having to roll to gain momentum and then dodging shots in the air, the clone could just quickly jump to some cover. Finally, jump packs could be used for blob knockdown ambushes.

I would not want this to be so powerful that all clones would use it, but I think that this is a balanced way to give the Rebels an offensive flying class. (Unless the new Rebs class being developed is something like this) So, tell me what you think. Or just downvote me into oblivion. It's ok. I don't have feelings...

Second mini suggestion: Blob Launcher!

Stats: Small-medium point cost. Reduces blob cooldown timer by 40% (Obvious reasons). Increases blob speed by 35% (makes the weapon harder to learn for regular blob users and makes blobs harder to force push). Double blob damage on direct hit (Skill blob gamers unite!).

Possible stats if too weak: Increases blob debuff duration (Longer knockdowns and stuns). Cheaper blob cost/More blobs available. Ion Blobs deal more damage the longer they stay in the air.

Use this to support your team or knockdown/stun and pistol the enemy down. Combine with bouncy pistol shots for maximum indirect warfare effectiveness (and fun!).

(Have you guys heard of stuff like this from other people on the forums? Eh, whatever)

Ok round two of stupid yet well thought out suggestions.

I have heard players complain about the Rebel side not having any flying classes, people complaining about how Reb classes are not as "fun", and that clones are boring/EZ. What if we gave clones jump packs? I mean the type of jetpack that gives you one quick burst of flight. This could fix the low mobility/trouble getting in problem that the Reb side has.

Ok, on to the details. The jump packs would definitely have to cost at least 30 points just like the minigun. Minigun jumpers *shudder* 0_0. I think the packs would have to operate on a cooldown system instead of a fuel system. Let us say that after one jump the ability would go on cooldown for 15 seconds. I know that seems like a lot but bear with me until I theorize about how the jump would work. With this mechanic in mind, we could make extra tiers of the ability that would make it recharge faster or grant a better jump. Perhaps at max level the player would gain a second jump? We could make it so if you want full armor with a fully upgraded jump pack, you would be restricted to Clone rifle one. That would probably be going to far though.

Let us move on to the mechanics of the jump packs. How high should the jump be? Well If we went with a single tier system then the jump should be able to go at least as high as a jump 1 force user wasting all of their FP on a single jump. The jump pack should only be able to be activated at a certain jump height. The angle of the jump should depend on the Y-axis of the player's aim, similar to the lunge length of jump kicks. The jumps should either go high or go far. The player would have no fall damage when they use the jump pack. The flight should have a fixed duration that accounts for the player falling, and should be activated until after the player hits the ground. This would nullify fall damage, making rolls unneeded. If the player uses the jump pack from a great height, the jump pack should have a short grace period where it grants the player no fall damage, but not one so long that the player will not have to worry or think about jumping from ludicrous heights. This kind of flight should be part of the jetpack's niche.

Final jump pack questions for you guys: Should blobs be disabled when jumping? Multi level system or single level? Should jumpers be vulnerable to force push?

So how would a jump pack clone be at least as good as a EE-3 Mandalorian? First, the jumps would make it so that clones can reach ledges quickly and win the high ground quickly. Second, the jumps would be a good consistent retreat. Instead of having to roll to gain momentum and then dodging shots in the air, the clone could just quickly jump to some cover. Finally, jump packs could be used for blob knockdown ambushes.

I would not want this to be so powerful that all clones would use it, but I think that this is a balanced way to give the Rebels an offensive flying class. (Unless the new Rebs class being developed is something like this) So, tell me what you think. Or just downvote me into oblivion. It's ok. I don't have feelings...

Second mini suggestion: Blob Launcher!

Stats: Small-medium point cost. Reduces blob cooldown timer by 40% (Obvious reasons). Increases blob speed by 35% (makes the weapon harder to learn for regular blob users and makes blobs harder to force push). Double blob damage on direct hit (Skill blob gamers unite!).

Possible stats if too weak: Increases blob debuff duration (Longer knockdowns and stuns). Cheaper blob cost/More blobs available. Ion Blobs deal more damage the longer they stay in the air.

Use this to support your team or knockdown/stun and pistol the enemy down. Combine with bouncy pistol shots for maximum indirect warfare effectiveness (and fun!).

(Have you guys heard of stuff like this from other people on the forums? Eh, whatever)
Make ion blobs do even something to SBD and Deka and not just be a cheese for tryhards to deactivate the enemy blasters as its most popular use is now. Clones already have CR3, I for one am tired of the sweatlords taking 6 ion blobs and using them all on reinforcement enemies.

Make ion blobs do even something to SBD and Deka and not just be a cheese for tryhards to deactivate the enemy blasters as its most popular use is now. Clones already have CR3, I for one am tired of the sweatlords taking 6 ion blobs and using them all on reinforcement enemies.

SBDs lose their battery temporarily, making them take tons of damage. Dekas can't shoot which is their most powerful attribute. Unless Pulse grenades get removed I do not think that there is a reason to buff ions versus SBDs and Dekas unless my Blob launcher Idea becomes a thing.

Some people use the Ions because they are easier to hit than concussion blobs, but that does not mean that they are as good. I didn't make this post to complain about Ions anyway. I just want clone to be a more distinct class. That deserves it's own post with suggestions for improvement.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
im not against your idea, but it shouldnt be as useful as Mandos. Maybe make the jumps very limited. (drain entire stamina bar, which gives you a reason to actually purchase stamina over other things)

edit: the new clone models have Jetpacks modeled for them anyways, so not that much work would be needed

Last edited: