Saber throw force power?

In JKA and JKO you have this force power where you can control your saber throw with the force. I wonder how this would work in MB2. Would be a cool addition, nonetheless, and the saberists lack some ranged abilities. Maybe it could be balanced so that it does much less damage than a swing, like the current saber throw or less, and that you can't block neither blaster fire nor sabers nor cast force powers while you are casting/channeling it. The saber in this force throw could also act differently (different speed/rotation/range/etc.) than in JKA to balance it for MB2, and the force drain can be higher. The skill point cost can also be high, so you have to sacrifice a lot for it. Maybe also gunners can shoot the saber while it is in the air to make it drop to the ground.

Last edited:
1 In JKA and JKO you have this force power where you can control your saber throw with the force.

2Would be a cool addition

3 saberists lack some ranged abilities.

4 could be balanced so that it does much less damage than a swing, like the current saber throw or less,

5 you can't block neither blaster fire nor sabers nor cast force powers while you are casting/channeling it.

6 The saber in this force throw could also act differently (different speed/rotation/range/etc.)

7 force drain can be higher.

8 The skill point cost can also be high

9 Maybe also gunners can shoot the saber while it is in the air to make it drop to the ground.

1 The power in the two games was the most over powered thing ever, it would automatically go to targets turrets etc. nut now are you talking where this stays in motion the entire time around the object or just a better saber throw like it is now?

2 I think it would be pretty cool to see too

3. yeah they kinda do mean like they do have push/pull and several other debatable ranged powers via how there used and what they can do tactic wise but i mena there dsigned to be melee even in FA like Luke on Echobase he has pistol and saber, so if your good with the pistol you dont need to be a good dueler to play the class having a ranged force user in my opinion is over powered

4 Yeah i can agree on that, don't need a flying glow stick dismembering people cause it hit there leg but if you think about it realistically should be a kill cuz a glow stick is a glow stick but yeah it would have to stay low damage

5 i feel like someone who can use the force should be able to multi task and be able to use another force power

6 that actually i think would be useful to to have the saber be horizontal instead of vertical cause it would have a wider range but then perhaps less distance

7 indeed because if this thing is consistent swings, send it down the line and back and boom theirs half the gunners

8 yeah don't want it to high tho because you can already throw saber for free so maybe just several points to how its thrown like 1 point for faster vertical? 2 points for horizontal and 3 for horizontal with increased speed maybe

9. depending on the speed i feel like that could be done quite easy and almost nerf it's self for decent gunners

Just my thoughts tho, i still think it would be a really neat things to see and have saber throw be better or more unique

1 The power in the two games was the most over powered thing ever, it would automatically go to targets turrets etc. nut now are you talking where this stays in motion the entire time around the object or just a better saber throw like it is now?
I didn't mean follow the target automatically or stay there hitting them multiple times, but a rotating saber that you have to guide, to aim, towards the target, and as soon as it hits a target once it returns back to the saberist. That's how I remember it being.