Saber System Thoughts

As the title explains this is just my opinions on how the saber system is going and potential changes that may make it better or more interesting to play. I wil also try to break this thread into sections but as sabering is one cohesive system some of them may mix or blend.

Perfect Blocking - I will keep this one short because i posted it in another thread already. I think we went from one extreme (inconsistent pbing) to the other (eternal pbing), and if possible maybe shrinking the range that a successful perfect block occurs would help achieve a point where more skill is required and maybe cut down on some combo spam.

Parrying/Interruptions - Another point in this saber system that promotes a large number of combos is how often parrying occurs. Perhaps we could mix this system with the old and make the parry time small (so when both swings make contact at the same time) and re-implement interruptions to reward the duelists with better timing. With this put into the system it would no longer allow people to just swing when their opponent does to avoid BP damage, because they would now have to worry about the potential to be interrupted causing the loss of BP.

Blue Style - Blue in general i have found to be really balanced except for the never ending parrying ability it has, but that can be fixed by implementing the change above.

Cyan Style - This style is also balanced and before someone jumps all over the parry drain being too high, if you duel against cyan properly you have no issue with that drain.

Yellow Style - Is as always still great and balanced.

Red Style - Red style really only needs to be tweaked in one of two ways. 1) Remove its pb damage buff making it "safe" to attack red or 2) remove red stagger. The reason I think red needs one of these two perks removed is that by removing the bp perk and keeping stagger you make red able to be attacked without someone instantly going to 0 to 1/4 bp and being staggered and therefore unable to retaliate. However, the (imo) better way to make red more balanced would simply be to remove red stagger. This would allow for some form of retaliation against red when being attacked by it, but still leave red users the ability to lower and attacker's bp by playing defensively. Or if you are against removing the stagger maybe you could possibly make it where if the 3rd swing hits, but gets pblocked it doesn't stagger.

Purple Style - The only issue I see with purple is that it gains ap too quickly with the kata/pb acm. To make purple more balanced I would recommned bringing back purple stab which theoretically should only hit once only awarding +1 acm and keeping the pb acm gains. This would keep purple as a defensive stance but prevent the ability for someone to instantly gain full ap by pblocking then using a kata.

Staff - Is pretty well balanced but tbh the only people that use it spam butterflies so who knows.

Duals - Duals for the most part are a solid style that work well. I still do not quite understand why an opponent loses bp when kicked but I haven's seen that change the outcome of very many duels.