Saber Open Beta Announcement

After 5 years of on and off work with quite a few hitches along the way, I’m happy to announce that things are finally in place to have the official beta for the saber changes.

For the past year, there’s been a couple issues blocking progress. However, in working on some of the cool new stuff for the Mandalorian class, I was able to finally iron those out. We’re finally past the eternal two weeks of waiting.

As for what’s actually changing, the core of the current gameplay is largely going to stay intact but will require some adjusting. Much, if not all, of the consistently complained about jank and cheesy interactions and behavior have gotten either directly removed, fixed, or reworked. Unintuitive mechanics, both from the perspective of new and veteran players have been cleaned up or otherwise gotten indicators to try and make gameplay less opaque.

Saber styles will once again feel unique rather than solely having different move sets and (often largely skewed) offense/defense values. Skill and creativity will once again matter more than just playing one specific way that the system wants you to and outright punishing you if you don’t.

That said, I want to thank everyone that helped over the years with brainstorming and testing the myriad of changes and balance adjustments. I don't think I could have done this on my own and by working with hundreds of community members, I think this will be something truly special for the foreseeable future.

May the 4th be with you.

Changelog and feedback thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can participate in the open beta right now using the launcher!

Go to Settings and check "Enable Open Beta"
After, on the left side press the big "OPEN BETA" icon. It should validate your files and afterward you can hit play to launch.
1683241779796.png

D

Deleted member 8224

You can participate in the open beta right now using the launcher!

Go to Settings and check "Enable Open Beta"
After, on the left side press the big "OPEN BETA" icon. It should validate your files and afterward you can hit play to launch.

Yes, don't forget to tick that.

(Which I totally didn't do)

i don't even need to open my game to know it's gonna be terrible
It was just 5 years to slightly modify some numbers, like speed and such. Wouldn't say terrible despite a little bug and red being a overpowered to the point of not being fun to fight against

So, I'll tell you right away about the red color. I like the idea, now the impact from the hits is really felt, now silly worms will not be able to stand so calmly and beat off the strikes of a red user. I hope this won't be changed much in the release.:lucas:

So, I'll tell you right away about the red color. I like the idea, now the impact from the hits is really felt, now silly worms will not be able to stand so calmly and beat off the strikes of a red user. I hope this won't be changed much in the release.:lucas:
It's too frequent and the damage is too much for the stagger too boring to fight against if that isn't altered