Saber Colors

Third day playing move battles, I suck at dueling. I always play a sith, and I wonder do saber colors matter when dueling? Or are they there for only for the sole purpose of being cosmetics? Really curious.

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Are you talking about the color of the lightsaber blade itself, or the colored circle around the lightsaber icon in your HUD? The color of the lightsaber blade is purely cosmetic. The color displayed in your lower right HUD is your saber style. Saber styles do affect gameplay; different styles have different swing speeds, damages, perks, etc.

Are you talking about the color of the lightsaber blade itself, or the colored circle around the lightsaber icon in your HUD? The color of the lightsaber blade is purely cosmetic. The color displayed in your lower right HUD is your saber style. Saber styles do affect gameplay; different styles have different swing speeds, damages, perks, etc.

I meant the blade, and ohhhh Ok. What's a style you recommend?

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I meant the blade, and ohhhh Ok. What's a style you recommend?
I'm far from being a good duelist, but yellow is the "jack of all trades" style and is probably the best to start learning Jedi/Sith with. Assuming you're playing open mode, yellow is also proficient at dealing with any enemy gunner with its medium damage and swing speed.

There's multiple guides to dueling on the forum already, such as this and this.