Saber Colors for All

This idea is strictly for duel mode only as I can see massive issues with implementing such a thing into a open server.

As you may of noticed there is a current bug in the latest patch that can allow a DS/LS user to have whatever color they want on either side so for example: Darth Vader with a blue lightsaber. This bug got me thinking, why are universal saber colors for both teams not a feature in MB2. I can understand why it would not be good at all in a open mode setting but strictly in duels I think it would add some fun to the whole setting. I've brought this up in the MB2 discord and I've received a response from Penekowski and Tempest saying the messages I've put below.

Penekowski: "It would require some code changes and new ui, which I could get done if tempest is willing to code it in"

Tempest: "tbh i’m pretty sure it could be done just by saying “don’t change the hues to xyz for jedi/sith” and that would let you go across the entire spectrum on the slider"

I think while it could be a small feature in a future patch, it would be received well across the community as there is no reason not to have the saber colors universally available to each team.

Torlo50

Internal Beta Team
No reason why not, and I can get my Sith Anakin with a blue Blade now. Oh, and the yellow blades for those peeps from SwToR and Knights of a Fallen empire

Torlo50

Internal Beta Team
Oh, but keep out White extremes @Tempest please. I don't care if someone wants grey or even brown. They want that, go ahead. It's duel mode, no one cares, but a pure white can screw with you with the saber clashes and stuff.

I would definitely love this feature. Being able to play as any of your favorite Jedi with a red lightsaber would be really fun and interesting!

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
xwGhQHt.png

D

Deleted member 5140

Definitely. Would be very great. Anakin Sith with blue saber, Revan with red and Purple saber, should I enumerate more? And White sabercolor too for all. And maybe put it out generally in Open mode (even for dev's). The code is common anyway now, so why not make it pickable in sabermenu too?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Theres a bug that i cannot reveal i found that allowed it on a specific server i cannot name. it is nice

Theres a bug that i cannot reveal i found that allowed it on a specific server i cannot name. it is nice
you can do it on every server this build

also this is a good idea, i also think you should allow full RGB support rather than the semi-preset colour choices we have now for duel only (i.e copy JA+'s colour system)

hqdefault.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Movie / TV show like colors only please. None of this full RGB stuff. We also really shouldn't have things like full RGB enabled for just duel mode, that just makes things needlessly complex on the back end.

Movie / TV show like colors only please. None of this full RGB stuff. We also really shouldn't have things like full RGB enabled for just duel mode, that just makes things needlessly complex on the back end.

Well I don't think you'd find many people in support of having Sith saber colors on Jedi in open, that would be a bigger possible issue then just implementing something fun and non competitive for people to play with. However I do support not having full RGB, That was never my intended idea and I never mentioned anything like that in the recommendation. I was simply thinking everyone has access to the normal saber colors that there are now but just make them universal so not restricted to a specific team so red, blue green, purple, yellow, and some others. @MaceMadunusus

Yeah, I was responding to Noel's comment.
in that case remove yellow lightsabers, pink lightsabers for sith, orange lightsabers for sith, white sabers for devs, lime green colour options, pink colour options, deep deep blue options

why do we have some non-cannon colours but not all ? !

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
in that case remove yellow lightsabers, pink lightsabers for sith, orange lightsabers for sith, white sabers for devs, lime green colour options, pink colour options, deep deep blue options

why do we have some non-cannon colours but not all ? !

Yellow is in Rebels, so is white. Which is included with my TV comment. There isn't really a pink saber or orange for sith. There are also many variants of blue/green seen in both the movies and tv series.