•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue RTVRTM not detecting log file despite it being there.

Hello everyone!

I've been setting up a dedicated server for friends but people like to join it so I thought it'd be nice to set up RTV for people who wanna change the map while I'm not there,

The installation of RTVRTM has been working until I got to running the script, for some reason, it says:
image_2022-05-07_160424104.png

It says the log file doesn't exist despite me making sure my config is logging,

Here's my config:

1651954608419.png

And here is the log file:

1651954630076.png

Did you set your path to the log file in your rtvrtm.cfg? If so please check if it corresponds to the actual log file on your machine
Hi!

I did not do that when I made this post, but after reading your reply, I tried that, and it gave me a different error:

1651956786084.png

After you gave that reply I went through my rtvrtm.cfg and changed everything that was blank, including the bind address, but now it says that, any idea how to fix?

Can you post some of your config (don't show your rconpassword), it looks like its complaining about the Bind: setting. This should be an address available on your local machine like 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Alternatively you can just comment it out and let the computer decide for itself.
Before:
Code:
Bind: 127.0.0.1
Comment it out with *
After:
Code:
* Bind: 127.0.0.1

Last edited:
Can you post some of your config (don't show your rconpassword), it looks like its complaining about the Bind: setting. This should be an address available on your local machine like 127.0.0.1 or localhost. Alternatively you can just comment it out and let the computer decide for itself.
Before:
Code:
Bind: 127.0.0.1
Comment it out with *
After:
Code:
* Bind: 127.0.0.1
Not to spam or anything, but I fixed it by commenting out the bind address! Thank you very much!