Won't fix RTV/RTM remembers g_Authenticity if map is forcing a specific gamemode

What went wrong?
Last night we noticed that after changing to a map that forces a specific gamemode using the new MBModesAllowed .siege variable the next map that didn't have this variable set would retain the MBMode. This means that savvy players have a way to change the MBMode without RTM being enabled.

Scenario
RTV is enabled.
RTM is disabled.
MBMode is Open (g_Authenticity = 0)
Map is mb2_smuggler

Enough players RTV triggering a vote.
Players vote for um_superdeatharena.
The server changes the map to um_superdeatharena (RTV/RTM rcon -> mbmode 0 um_superdeatharena)
MBMode is FA (g_Authenticity = 2)

Players vote for mb2_cmp_telos.
The server changes map to mb2_cmp_telos (RTV/RTM rcon -> mbmode 2 mb2_cmp_telos)

What should have happened?
In my case I want RTV/RTM to switch back to Open mode once it switches from a map that forces a different game mode. I want this to prevent the server from being locked to a certain game mode until an admin arrives to switch it back to Open.

Last edited:
What went wrong?
Last night we noticed that after changing to a map that forces a specific gamemode using the new MBModesAllowed .siege variable the next map that didn't have this variable set would retain the MBMode. This means that savvy players have a way to change the MBMode without RTM being enabled.

Scenario
RTV is enabled.
RTM is disabled.
MBMode is Open (g_Authenticity = 0)
Map is mb2_smuggler

Players vote for um_superdeatharena.
The server changes the map to um_superdeatharena (RTV/RTM rcon -> mbmode 0 um_superdeatharena)

Players vote for mb2_cmp_telos.
The server changes map to mb2_cmp_telos (RTV/RTM rcon -> mbmode 2 mb2_cmp_telos)

What should have happened?
In my case I want RTV/RTM to switch back to Open mode once it switches from a map that forces a different game mode. I want this to prevent the server from being locked to a certain game mode until an admin arrives to switch it back to Open.
yeah um_superdeatharena locked as full authentic is aids as fuck.

i know this thread isnt about that, but its so bad lol. literally its blacklisted the map in my mind forever, never do i want to play full authentic garbage on that map that used to be so fun.

yeah um_superdeatharena locked as full authentic is aids as fuck.

i know this thread isnt about that, but its so bad lol. literally its blacklisted the map in my mind forever, never do i want to play full authentic garbage on that map that used to be so fun.
I think we should make a separate thread for this because there is some valid criticism here that can be changed to something more productive I think. I could edit the .siege file and change or remove this MBModesAllowed variable to "fix" your complaint but as I currently understand it this would get my server delisted.

FrenzY

Chaos Connoisseur
Movie Battles II Team
I think we should make a separate thread for this because there is some valid criticism here that can be changed to something more productive I think. I could edit the .siege file and change or remove this MBModesAllowed variable to "fix" your complaint but as I currently understand it this would get my server delisted.
Something like that wouldn't be flagged for de-listing.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This is less a bug in the implementation of this feature as an issue with the RTV script. It should not be using the mbmode command unless there is actually intention of changing the mode. If it just changed map without changing mode this would not happen. As soon as mbmode 2 is used it is effectively changing the 'desired' mode to FA.

This is less a bug in the implementation of this feature as an issue with the RTV script. It should not be using the mbmode command unless there is actually intention of changing the mode. If it just changed map without changing mode this would not happen. As soon as mbmode 2 is used it is effectively changing the 'desired' mode to FA.
Isn't this the right place to report bugs for RTV/RTM? I was under the impression that it was. :wookeye:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It depends. I've personally fixed severe issues in the script but it's really a bare minimum maintenance situation. We redistribute it out of its popularity more than any official endorsement or support. It's horrendous to modify and really needs to be replaced with a sensible native implementation.

It depends. I've personally fixed severe issues in the script but it's really a bare minimum maintenance situation. We redistribute it out of its popularity more than any official endorsement or support. It's horrendous to modify and really needs to be replaced with a sensible native implementation.
Understood, please let me know if no fix is planned in which case I will probably rewrite it myself. It would be a shame to not use the new MBModesAllowed system especially now I know I'm allowed to edit it.