Revert Projectile Rifle damage back to 150

Karus

Donator
Definitely not. Snipers are strong enough as it is.
am i a joke to you meme by karis.png

Can't even punish a foolish tank Jedi / Sith anymore due to their 20% knockdown damage reduction with a proj or EE3. 20 shots to kill a wookiee xd.

You can play ANY other game and it will take you approximately .5s to realise that snipers are, by design, 1-hit KO long ranged weaponry.

Before people start complaining that it's "brainless", yes. They are. You're a sniper. It's your job to look down a scope for X minutes until someone slips up and evidently gets themselves killed. This nerf is bullshit.

Hexodious

Movie Battles II Team
You can play ANY other game and it will take you approximately .5s to realise that snipers are, by design, 1-hit KO long ranged weaponry.

Yes on a headshot, and that is how it should be. The change mostly affects body shots (minus EE-3 which is waaay too weak in the current build but devs said a few times that it will get a buff).

If 100 base damage isn't enough to one shot everything with a headshot then it should have a buffed headshot modifier to make sure it kills the things in one hit (including Wookiees).

It's your job to look down a scope for X minutes until someone slips up and evidently gets themselves killed. This nerf is bullshit.

That isn't how it works in mb2 though, you jump around the corner and one shot someone 2 feet away from you just by aiming centre mass. I like the change for body shots being less guaranteed and a 2 hit kill instead of 1 hit kill. As long as headshots are rewarded with 1 hit kills I don't see the problem. And based on threads @FrenzY has replied in the EE-3(Snipe-mode) will be getting buffed and we can see if its sniping performance improves.

My main concern with the lower body shot damage is vs SBDs and Deka, as unfortunately Hero was one of the better Droid counter classes (even though this should be ARC/Clone really) because of the Proj base damage. EMPs and Ions (Ions were buffed, good) still don't feel quite good enough vs them, having a direct aim/hit method that could be used by these classes (probably love to arc tbh, because multiple lives already super amazing) to help punish/counter these would be ideal.

Last edited:
As long as the pistol 3 bug is not fixed (it dealing an absurd amount of damage with a hitbox as big as Ronin's hips), projectile rifle should stay as it is. Hero and Bounty Hunter are still strong classes. Sniping is for girls (Gumba transitioned recently).

• Love
Reactions: SuM

dwarf

Donator
Originally i was opposed to the Proj being nerfed, my main class play style is Musket Hero, using nothing but the Proj.

However,

After playing the patch extensively i have nothing but praise for the nerf.
Aiming for a head shot and succeeding is more rewarding than ever, and i enjoy the thrill and challenge even more now, of dodging blaster fire while reloading a second shot to finish off my opponent.

I understand some people's concern with the fact that they snipe someone and don't get a kill, but you have to realise that this has always been in the game, now it's just been made much more common. Sniping classes in the legs or feet usually ended up with them tanking the snipe.

Once again, i was very, concerned upon learning the proj rifle was being nerfed, but i believe this is quite possibly the best outcome that we could have ever received and for once i have nothing but gratitude to the developers for such a change.
The shift in game play dynamics has exceeded my expectations far more than any change has in the past.

Sniper game play is now much more rewarding for those who main it, while also being rewarding for new/lesser experienced players to extend their over all round life time.

SuM

If 100 base damage isn't enough to one shot everything with a headshot then it should have a buffed headshot modifier to make sure it kills the things in one hit (including Wookiees).
Then there will be no tanky classes on the rebels side. In addition, wookiee has no armor and health flies away in a matter of seconds, so you should always play carefully and care about HP. I don’t know, but it seems to me too cruel to Wookiees and rebels in general.
EMPs and Ions (Ions were buffed, good) still don't feel quite good enough vs them
1 EMP - deka can be considered dead (disables shields for 3-5 seconds and completely drains the clip, which takes about 10 seconds to fully reload).
1 EMP - sbd shuts down for like 3-5 seconds and its clip is empty + it takes time to reload the weapon, 2nd EMP - sbd does not have half the ammo.
I'd say it's veryyy hard counter for droids. That's why almost no one plays with deka.

I'm just rooting for the gameplay variety, not for being a universal soldier aka bh / hero who can counter everyone else. They have the highest movement speed, most powerful weaponry: p3, sniper rifles, grenades/TD, e11, dlt; they also have unique tools and abilities (to effectively deal with jedi/sith) : poison darts, melee kicks with weapons/ dash, dodge.

Then there will be no tanky classes on the rebels side. In addition, wookiee has no armor and health flies away in a matter of seconds, so you should always play carefully and care about HP. I don’t know, but it seems to me too cruel to Wookiees and rebels in general.

1 EMP - deka can be considered dead (disables shields for 3-5 seconds and completely drains the clip, which takes about 10 seconds to fully reload).
1 EMP - sbd shuts down for like 3-5 seconds and its clip is empty + it takes time to reload the weapon, 2nd EMP - sbd does not have half the ammo.
I'd say it's veryyy hard counter for droids. That's why almost no one plays with deka.

I'm just rooting for the gameplay variety, not for being a universal soldier aka bh / hero who can counter everyone else. They have the highest movement speed, most powerful weaponry: p3, sniper rifles, grenades/TD, e11, dlt; they also have unique tools and abilities (to effectively deal with jedi/sith) : poison darts, melee kicks with weapons/ dash, dodge.

No one plays deka because Jedi facerolls them. It's not because of EMPS.