•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Restoring Base JA

I've uninstalled MB through the launcher, I am still getting MB servers on multiplayer. I tried to find results for this on Google, but no luck, and it's been a long time since I've messed with JA or JO.
Any advice on resetting my game completely? I should have made a backup of my base version...

Solution
I've uninstalled MB through the launcher, I am still getting MB servers on multiplayer. I tried to find results for this on Google, but no luck, and it's been a long time since I've messed with JA or JO.
Any advice on resetting my game completely? I should have made a backup of my base version...
If what you mean is, you have uninstalled Movie Battles II and when you launch Base JKA Multiplayer you still see Movie Battles II servers on the server list.
I do believe that MB2 servers are visible because they run off Base JKA and share the Base server list.

Is this what you are inquiring about? Uninstalling the MOD from your PC and viewing the Base JKA server list are completely separate.

dwarf

Donator
If what you mean is, you have uninstalled Movie Battles II and when you launch Base JKA Multiplayer you still see Movie Battles II servers on the server list.
I do believe that MB2 servers are visible because they run off Base JKA and share the Base server list.

Is this what you are inquiring about? Uninstalling the MOD from your PC and viewing the Base JKA server list are completely separate.

Solution

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Movie Battles does not touch any base files, so it cannot do anything to influence a base installation unless you manually copied files to base (which we do not ever recommend you do).

Please share a screenshot of your base folder and tell us how you are launching the game.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2

Yeah that is a valid interpretation for what they were asking about... it's easy to forget sometimes people have no reference for what regular base behavior is. Mods are not filtered out by base JAMP so you will see every server that sends heartbeats to the Raven master server.

tl;dr Seeing MBII servers in the base JKA server list is 100% normal even if you've never installed anything related to the mod.

dwarf

Donator
Yeah another "possible" issue that he might be having. Make sure you check your game type selection on the server list.

20210309141426_1.jpg

Movie Battles II is a MOD built on Base JKA's Siege mode. So if you're searching for the game type Siege you will most likely see Movie Battles II servers and whatever's left of the Base siege community servers. You just have to click where it says "type" to change it to whatever game mode you want, Then refresh the server list.

tl;dr Seeing MBII servers in the base JKA server list is 100% normal even if you've never installed anything related to the mod.
This is clears it up. Sorry I didn't phrase my question in a more understandable way. I assumed that when I only saw servers for MB2 and nothing else, not even servers that I SHOULD be able to see (JA+, japro, base, etc.) that it was a problem with the mod, or that I hadn't uninstalled it completely. Thanks for the help.

Checking game type was one of the first things I did. I wasn't aware I came off that ignorant.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
This is clears it up. Sorry I didn't phrase my question in a more understandable way. I assumed that when I only saw servers for MB2 and nothing else, not even servers that I SHOULD be able to see (JA+, japro, base, etc.) that it was a problem with the mod, or that I hadn't uninstalled it completely. Thanks for the help.

Checking game type was one of the first things I did. I wasn't aware I came off that ignorant.
No worries. You should definitely still see servers for the base game (and base game compatible server mods) but typically there are fewer players, so the list will still be dominated by mb2 stuff.

You can see an online list of non-mb2 servers on our server list and if you prefer an in-game solution, you could try running EternalJK (it will filter out mb2 by default, guess the creator got annoyed lol).