Respawn Protection Bubble

It's a thing that has been bugging me for a long time, but I never really bothered to write it here.
When you respawn and your respawn location is overrun with enemies, you're at the mercy of them and cannot do a thing about. While you do have protection bubble around you that prevents you from taking damage (unless you attack yourself), you are still suspectible to force powers. You usually respawn in open areas (middle of corridor, etc.) so that you won't get bugged in anything. But if you are overrun, you have no way to find at least a good location for you. The reason is that you either have to walk the whole time - but before you get anywhere the protection ends, or you run but you get pushed/pulled down and before you get up you are killed again.

So my proposal is simple: Make the protection bubble give you immunity to everything - all force powers and all damage. Leave the duration as it is, but make the bubble break if you attack (as it is right now) and when you press "use" button (so to prevent you from hacking anything when you are protected).

Not much of a change, but it would make sense gameplay-wise.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Imagine this with sold rally. oh boy
Ever since the buff to rally/assemble the projective bubble became overpowered, imo it should be removed from them (time to destroy my child since I was the 1 who brought up givin soldiers the bubble for assembly :d)

About the main idea of the thread, honestly not sure if this is necessary.

I don't think the change is necessary. If you are being swarmed like you say, not being able to be pushed down for 2 seconds (length of protection bubble) is not going to change anything. And as Gumba pointed out, this would mean soldiers would be able to exploit this.

I think the issue with respawns could be fixed with better respawn points in the maps themselves.
Getting rekt by 5 people after the rest of your team died is something that should just happen, imo.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Spawn bubbles only work when spawning in a map spawn point rather than a rally spawn point, is it possible?
That is how it originally worked, the spawn bubble for rally served its purpose before the buff.

Maybe make it so that rally spawner solds lose their bubble immediadely when they start moving?

If its possible, I think it'd be great if the bubble could grant immunity against everything. This'd last for 3 sec or until the player starts shooting or switch weapon. So the respawned player could have enough time to move into cover, but couldnt start shooting or even switch to grenade without breaking this protection.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If its possible, I think it'd be great if the bubble could grant immunity against everything. This'd last for 3 sec or until the player starts shooting or switch weapon. So the respawned player could have enough time to move into cover, but couldnt start shooting or even switch to grenade without breaking this protection.
that is a problem since for example in rally, now sold can use its super speed to run into enemy lines and tank all the shots until the soldier feels like now it is a good place to start shooting. It gives the sold too much time to get a perfect aim lock on the enemy.

Yeah, I forgot about the HP and speed boost after assamble. I dont think that's a necessary buff tbh, its a free ability for Soldiers and they can choose on their own to ignore it and respawn at the normal spawn points. The bubble after spawn is fair, because an unlucky respawn (even at the normal spawn points) can lead to die again nearly instantly (camp at spawn points, or spawning into a grenade beside an ET), but the HP and speed boost is not fair... for free at least.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I dont think that's a necessary buff tbh,... ...The bubble after spawn is fair, because an unlucky respawn (even at the normal spawn points) can lead to die again nearly instantly (camp at spawn points, or spawning into a grenade beside an ET), but the HP and speed boost is not fair... for free at least.
I think the buff encourages teamplay (before the buff I dont think it was too good of an ability), but as I said earlier, I think this would help things out:
Maybe make it so that rally spawner solds lose their bubble immediadely when they start moving?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This is a map problem, not a mechanic problem. Spawn points for respawning units needs to be out of the way, not right in the face of the enemy.

This is a map problem, not a mechanic problem. Spawn points for respawning units needs to be out of the way, not right in the face of the enemy.
Add that to my thread about revamping some maps, there are a few that suffer from it.