Technical Issue Random Crash

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kalsb, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Kalsb

Kalsb

My game will, seemingly at random, freeze up in the middle of a fight. The camera is locked to a certain part of the map and the game has to be force closed. There's no log left behind so I have no idea what's going on.

2. ent

ent Movie Battles II Team

Any crashlogs in GameData?

3. eksha

eksha

Random crashes are normal, unfortunately. It just inevitably happens at some point, no matter the engine, no matter the settings nor anything else. Usually it takes a few hours for a crash to happen tho

4. ent

ent Movie Battles II Team

No. Any crash is unnormal.
    The problem is that many people assume so like you and they never report about crashes.
    Please, report about all the crashes and attach all the possible logs/demos.

5. Kalsb

Kalsb

If there is a crash log, I can't find it. Probably the most frustrating part actually since I have nothing to go on as far as trying to find a solution.

6. DaloLorn

DaloLorn Movie Battles II Team

In my experience, if you have to finish killing the process yourself - either through Windows or, in more extreme cases, Task Manager - there is no log left behind.

That being said, where have you looked so far? As far as I know, there are two possible locations for a log to be generated:

1. Your GameData folder.
    2. Your user account's Documents/My Games/OpenJK folder.