Questions for working on Full Authentic mod

Hello, i've been working on making FAs for MB2 for a while now, porting models, weapons and finding ideas . I'm finally approaching something that's playable, however i have a few questions that I need answered, mostly technical stuff, to release something that's clean and that will work.

-First of all, what maps can i use ? i know i've been using Lunarbase for testing my FA, but maybe i'm not even allowed to use it in the release ... I know i have to give credits to the map makers, that's for sure, but do I need to also ask him directly , if i want to release an Updated FA of his map ? I know i'm mostly interested in Maps that people already know and like to play on ... (map included with the mod, basically)

-Second , am I allowed to release a FA filled with many, many fully and partially ported model ? i know it used to be an hard topic and I really want to be sure i'm not breaking any laws ! If you don't know what i'm talking about, i took models ripped from other star war games and put them in the JKA engine. (games like Star war galaxies, battlefront, Force unleashed ...) I know a negative answer would really hurt what i've been doing for years now, but hey, better to know it now ^^

-Third , Should i release my first FA alone or be more patient and make a real FA pack ? i really want to put my work out there, but maybe it'd be better if i release all in one package, instead of one by one ...

these are the 3 main questions i have, but i have plenty of less important questions :

-Is it even interesting to make FAs nowadays ? do people still want to play them ? i haven't seen a new one in almost years !
-How do i give all the credit ? you know i use other people's works most of the time, but is a "readme" enough ?
-can you make a flying wookie in FA ? i mean with a jet pack, cause i can't figure it out... tried giving a "wookie" a jetpack and giving a "mandalorian" wook strengh, neither worked... (if you're curious it's for a phase 3 dark trooper)
-Is hosting a MB2 server expensive / hard ? It 'd be safer and easier for me to host my own server for people to play my FA (at least at first), but what will i have to do ? monney shouldn't be a problem, but i'd like to know the price ...
-should i wait for the next patch ? won't it probably change things ?
-How should i test it ? open beta ? closed test ? where do i even find the people !?
-Where should i upload my FAs ? the good ol'MB2 forums, of course, but is it enough ?

There, i'll probably continue posting questions if people are nice enough to answer them ! I know i already have had answers to some of these questions in the past, but i want to be sure i'm not missing anything ...

Thanks for reading and answering !

If you are curious about what my FA would look like, they have as many classes as i can fit in a setting, some classes that are similar to those in open mod and some others that are totally original (see flying wook), tons of new models (mostly ported one) and a large focus on ranged combat but with a few saberist to keep evryone happy.

It's always good to ask permission. But it's still just an fa:) Fa's don't replace fas. They just add more versions. Pb Dotf didn't replace Fa Dotf.
Just had more fas to choose from. And pb - pb'd all the core and most played default mb maps. Dotf, Lunarbase, Corellia, and of course cmp_arena was a good one.

I think it's all fair game but you should ask. I'd recommend uploading the fa here and on ew, traditionally the source of pb fas and I'd imagine they might have some knowledge regarding the process.

Don't really think It maters about ported models as you're a third party and so long as the team doesn't officially support it or put it in as part of the official download, it'll be fine.
Ulimate, Som and Pb had their share of...iffy models. Um_pack as well I believe...hmmmmmmmm:)

I'd release it now since there's no telling when the next update is. And while you have legitimate concerns about what changes may bring I don't think it'll be that big of a deal and easily tweakable.