question about dueling against staff user

if staff user can perfectly block evrything by just holding block, how can I deal any damage 2 him or draw his block points when he's holding block?
does he regen block points while keeping blocking me?
I heard something about nudge damage but not sure how it works and if it would b any solve here at all

giphy.gif

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
if staff user can perfectly block evrything by just holding block, how can I deal any damage 2 him or draw his block points when he's holding block?
does he regen block points while keeping blocking me?
I heard something about nudge damage but not sure how it works and if it would b any solve here at all

Pretty sure u received false information somewhere. Staff has to aim to perfect block just like any other style.
Nudge is not in the current patch.
I suggest you read noels dueling guide which is up to date when it comes to dueling. It should give you a good idea of how the mechanics work.
Noel's Dueling Guide [How to duel in current build!]

thx, I was reading outd8ed guide it seems
but couldn't find the info about those block points, u regen them when u stand still aim blocking with staff?

Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
thx, I was reading outd8ed guide it seems
but couldn't find the info about those block points, u regen them when u stand still aim blocking with staff?

Block points are universal with every style. Always when walking/standing still/holding block you will regen block points. Running and jumping prevents you from regenerating bp.

Block points are universal with every style. Always when walking/standing still/holding block you will regen block points. Running and jumping prevents you from regenerating bp.
White
(Staff): Does not require Perfect block to perform an MB
I couldn't find what does that mean - MB is mouse block? if so, blocking with staff seems 2 b different than normal

Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
White (Staff): Does not require Perfect block to perform an MB
I couldn't find what does that mean - MB is mouse block? if so, blocking with staff seems 2 b different than normal

MBlock = Manual block which basically means disarming.

With every style other than staff you need to perfect block + perform all the other requirements of an mblock in order to successfully disarm. With staff you only have to do the latter (correct movement keys+ hold m1 [attack] and m2 [block] at the right time).

Its basically staffs perk that you dont have to pb to mb. Although due to a bug currently no styles require a pb to mb.

Tip: Swingblocking prevents you from getting disarmed and will only stop your chain/combo rather than losing your saber. Additionally staff will stagger if mblocking a swingblock.

MBlock = Manual block which basically means disarming.

With every style other than staff you need to perfect block + perform all the other requirements of an mblock in order to successfully disarm. With staff you only have to do the latter (correct movement keys+ hold m1 [attack] and m2 [block] at the right time).

Its basically staffs perk that you dont have to pb to mb. Although due to a bug currently no styles require a pb to mb.

Tip: Swingblocking prevents you from getting disarmed and will only stop your chain/combo rather than losing your saber. Additionally staff will stagger if mblocking a swingblock.
since half swings have cut anim, r they remaining the same hitbox or is it cut as well? can u perform yaw attack with half swing the same way as normal?
and is there anything particularly dangerous about getting staggered or knocked down or can u safely come back from all of them? also would like 2 know if there's a way 2 avoid disarm counter and if it always kills when hits disarmed target

Last edited:

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Hitboxes don't change depending on what swing you're doing. That would be silly. Yaws are also independent of swings (yawing = just changing camera angles to affect when/where the swing hits). Staggers/getting knocked down leave you open to hits. Avoiding disarms = hold block while your swing is making contact. If someone doesn't have a saber then the swing will kill them.

Hitboxes don't change depending on what swing you're doing. That would be silly. Yaws are also independent of swings (yawing = just changing camera angles to affect when/where the swing hits). Staggers/getting knocked down leave you open to hits. Avoiding disarms = hold block while your swing is making contact. If someone doesn't have a saber then the swing will kill them.
2 b more exact, I meant if the half swinging saber's hitbox motion area stays the same as normal swing and it only goes faster or it gets cut as the anim does

so u can't avoid losing some block points after getting staggered or knocked down, yea?

Last edited: