Q3 Defense

It's been at least four years since I've last been into MBII. After going through the latest guides, I've noticed mention here and there of Q3 Defense. I remember from way back that it takes a certain load-out, but is there any good information on its requirements and pros/cons somewhere that I've missed?

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Requirements: None. Only certain FA characters have it, like Shaak Ti on Jedi Temple, or Vader on the Death Star. (If the character's description makes no mention of Q3 or 'Attack-Defense', then he/she probably doesn't have it - but if you want to be absolutely sure, look for a triangular mark on your saber style indicator.)

Pros: You cannot be flinched. So long as you have enough FP, any shot that hits you (except shots behind your blocking arc) will be blocked, even if you're in a state where you would normally be unable to block. (I'm not sure if standing still will still leave you vulnerable, it's been a while since I tried that. Also not sure about how it interacts with slap.)

Cons: Honestly, after 1.4 introduced flinching, I'm not sure there are any. (Unless your class doesn't have saber defense 3 - swingblocks, which Q3 automatically performs, cost more FP than normal autoblocking if you don't have defense 3.) Before that, Q3's main weakness was that your swing could be interrupted when you would have preferred to just sacrifice a bit of HP to land your blow regardless. Now? Your swing's going to be interrupted either way, but this way you get to keep swinging uninterrupted and undamaged until you kill the target or run out of FP.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Undocumented feature: with Q3, you can prevent your character from auto-swingblocking by holding class special 1 while swinging.

That's so weird that it's tied to the character now. I'll keep an eye out for that description/mark. Thanks a ton.