•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Problems with updating

Hello,

So I encountered a problem when updating to 1.6.

I downloaded the 1.6 MBII zip, did everything as I did with the 1.5.5, but the game kept running on 1.5.5.

After several attempts of re-downloading the zip and repeating the procedure (I also tried different download mirrors - google docs, MEGA and the other one), I gave up on it all together and decided to delete ALL files of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy from steam and all movie battles files, then downloaded everything again (1.6 zip) and the game is somehow still running on 1.5.5. Has anyone encountered a similar thing? I used the official link provided by an admin here, got the MB_II Mac.pk3 hot fix, did everything as I was supposed to and yet I can't update it. I don't even have the 1.5.5 version on my laptop anymore. Could it be that the files are still 1.5.5, even though they're named as 1.6? I really have no clue what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 00.45.12.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 00.45.12.png
    170.6 KB · Views: 186

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
This isn't really a problem anyone can make good suggestions on as we can't poke around and explore your computer's filesystem. There is one easy conclusion to reach though based on what you have described: You did not actually uninstall 1.5.5 properly. Wherever it was you thought it was installed was incorrect, or you actually installed it twice, and only removed the one (and the other is actually in the higher priority location, overwriting any other changes).

From what I understand with Macs, you are supposed to install MBII and other mods for Mac JKA in the library area of the file system where user settings get written, NOT to wherever the application data is. My guess is you installed 1.5.5 to both where the app is installed and the library area, and only uninstalled the application data copy.

In any case, as I said the only way for you to resolve this will be finding the other copy of the files (which have priority) and overwriting them with 1.6.

You were right, there had to be one more place I hadn't deleted the files from, I placed them in multiple places because the game kept launching the regular jedi academy multiplayer without MBII. I guess it needs the files to be in a very specific place (it only worked after I placed them inside the app via Show Package Contents and into the Contents folder in the game itself. Thanks for the tip.