•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Problem with OpenAL.32dll and JAMP.exe

Hello, I'm really looking for some help.
I did the whole process of downloading it, making it work through Steam and all that jazz. Then it started crashing when I would join a game and I looked up what to do. The forums said to change it from JAMP to MBII but then it says it cant find OpenAL32.dll but I can very clearly see it in my GAMEDATA. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the mod but to no avail. I can't even get it to work on steam again cause it says it cant find jamp.exe What I mean by that is when I try to click out of the launcher it says it could not find my jamp.exe.
In my gamedata it has jasp, jasp.exe and jamp but no jamp.exe
So now I cant play it at all and I really want to. This mod looks like so much fun, please someone help me!

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Sounds pretty strange.

Disable your anti-virus entirely and try again.

You said you have Steam copy of Jedi Academy -- I don't have Steam, but I heard it includes some kind of integrity checking.
If it really does, run it, since it's likely your installation is broken. Make Steam repair your Jedi Academy.
it cant find OpenAL32.dll
it cant find jamp.exe
Instead of retelling error messages, post screenshots of every error you've got.
Post a screenshot of GameData folder as well, and screenshot of MBII Launcher => Settings.

the first picture is my folder. Capture.PNG

the second is when I try to run the game through the MBII launcher in the settings
2439-a58d39ad1863ec0b487b3b2d08584c46.jpg

the third is when I try to launch it the steam route
2440-2ab4e4742e3a7518347ae406810c64a0.jpg

I also am including the details from the steam one

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Outcast\GameData\jamp.exe'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Outcast\GameData\jamp.exe'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‎‭‌‪‍‮‪‎‎‌‬‍‪‍‭‍‫‫‏‫‭‌‏‌‭‏‮(String )
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‫‮‪‌‎‫‍‬‬‮‍‌‏‫‫‎‌‌‪‍‮‏‮‮()
at 7e:=@ws!\,8"F\*Q942p(-P\,a\..‏‎‭‬‪‪‬‎‫‪‏‫‫‍‭‍‎‍‎‏‌‮‍‮()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8825 (WinRelRS3.050727-8800)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MBIILauncher
Assembly Version: 2.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi%20Academy/GameData/MBII_Launcher/MBIILauncher.exe
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.8833 built by: WinRelRS3
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Attachments

• OpenAL32.dll was not found.PNG
    OpenAL32.dll was not found.PNG
    1,017.4 KB · Views: 363
  • Steam launch.PNG
    Steam launch.PNG
    604.3 KB · Views: 369
Sounds pretty strange.

Disable your anti-virus entirely and try again.

You said you have Steam copy of Jedi Academy -- I don't have Steam, but I heard it includes some kind of integrity checking.
If it really does, run it, since it's likely your installation is broken. Make Steam repair your Jedi Academy.

Instead of retelling error messages, post screenshots of every error you've got.
Post a screenshot of GameData folder as well, and screenshot of MBII Launcher => Settings.

Very sorry for the late response, but I answered your questions in the next post, but don't know how this forum works so I'm replying here to give you a double notification I guess? Sorry, i really don't use forums all that much so I'm guessing here.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Move MBIILauncher.exe from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Outcast\GameData
to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData.

MBII Launcher => Settings => GameData path => set path to your "Jedi Academy\GameData", NOT to "Jedi Outcast\GameData".

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast are different games.
Movie Battles is Jedi Academy mod. It has nothing to do with Jedi Outcast.

Omg, i am incredibly stupid, I can't believe I didn't see that. Thank you so much!
I knew I downloaded it into outcast from the start, but I thought I moved all the files, but clearly, i was an idiot.
One more issue, there are no servers that come up anymore, did it switch to LAN and I have to sitch it back to online? I so where is that option?
Thank you again!

Nevermind, I didn't switch it to the internet from Local. Again thank you for talking my dumb questions lol.
I seriously wish I could give you like reddit gold or something you are awesome!