Problem with installation.

I used to play mb2 but I unistalled it one year ago. Now i can't install it again. I downloaded launcher, installed everything, but it doesn't shows me servers. I installed some patches but it doesn't wor anyway. I tried to connect online on website but it doesn't work too xD. Can someone can help me. Fajnie jakby mi ktoś po polsku wytłumaczył xD.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Well I can only repeat what I wrote in similar topic just day ago...

Maybe you should provide more info about your problem? Screenshots, what OS you have, is there any error messages, what exactly you've downloaded, etc.
How do you actually launch game?
Also check your firewall, if any; maybe it blocks game from connecting to servers.

You can try manual install on Windows:
1. Install Jedi Academy.
2. Patch it to version 1.01 (skip if your JA already 1.01).
3. Download Star Wars: Movie Battles II v1.3.1 download . Unpack it to your Jedi Academy\GameData folder so there will be such path: C:\Program Files\JediAcademy\GameData\MBII
4. Download http://www.moviebattles.org/download/servers/V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade.zip . Unpack it to same folder as in previous step, overwriting files with same names.
5. [Optional] You also will need some minimizer to make switching to other apps possible. You can use this: JA Minimizer . Run it before run game. You will be able to use F11 key to switch between mb2 and other tasks.
6. Start the game by launching file C:\Program Files\JediAcademy\GameData\Play_MBII.bat

Works for me.

If you are on Mac, read this topic, especially last messages:
Guide to install MB II on MAC / Macintosh | Movie Battles II Community

EDIT: And by the way, web list is working, I've just checked it: Movie Battles II Server List
Try open console in mb2 (shift + ~), type /connect IP.Of.Some.Server

Last edited:

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Spróbuj otworzyć konsolę i wpisać /connect 51.254.101.53:29070
Podaj błąd jaki się wyświetli.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Albo jestem idiotą albo debilem, ale nie mogę otworzyć konsoli xD Pomocy xD
You can open console by holding Shift and pressing ~ at same time. You must do it when Movie Battles have been loaded. And you didn't answer my questions above...

I don't have active firewall and i reinstalled mb2. Launcher asked me if I want all instalation i pressed yes. Its written that its 1.3.2 version. But I still don't have servers. I am trying to open console as u said but it doestn't work too. I think that i am idiot or very unlucky person.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I don't have active firewall and i reinstalled mb2. Launcher asked me if I want all instalation i pressed yes. Its written that its 1.3.2 version. But I still don't have servers. I am trying to open console as u said but it doestn't work too. I think that i am idiot or very unlucky person.
Did you tried "Check installation integrity on start" as it said here Launcher Fix Released | Movie Battles II Community ?
How do you launching game? What do see after game have been started?

I press play on launcher and see this after start.

I see this page with a lot of lyrics. Then Mb2 starts loading. I checked installation integrity and i don't have this zzzz_MbII but it still doesn't work.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I press play on launcher and see this after start.
I can't see picture in your message. You should upload it as part of your post or upload it to some image hosting and post link in this thread.
Did you ever experienced problem using Shift key and ~ key in other applications?
If you tried open console with left Shift + ~, try right Shift + ~ and in reverse.

Last edited:
Kiedy naciskam shift i ` to mi sie wylacza mb2 i system zaczyna szukac problemu. za kazdym razem. When i try to open console mb closes and system is looking for a problem...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Kiedy naciskam shift i ` to mi sie wylacza mb2 i system zaczyna szukac problemu. za kazdym razem. When i try to open console mb closes and system is looking for a problem...
You mean game crashes? Well you can try upload technical info about crash (should be accessible via dialog box) to this thread, though I don't know will it be useful for developers...
Also, do you run launcher as admin? Do you have have Direct X installed? Is your Jedi Academy patched to 1.01?