Porting a map to MB2

Hi,

I have been looking for a good all purpose duel map for my community that I’ve found.

It’s an old map I use to play in JKA, I knew the original map creator so reached out and got permission to port it/update it however he can’t find the original .map file.

I’ve tried to decompile the BSP using q3map2.exe that’s in the GTK Radiant directory and got a converted_map.map file but couldn’t compile in GTK even without making any changes. It tells me there is one map leak and shows me where it is but it doesn’t look like there is a map leak at all.

I have been told that when you decompile a BSP and don’t have the original .map you can’t alter the map structure but only the entities, is this the case?

Even if I can’t alter the map, altering the entities and adding spawns for MB2 would be enough so any help in properly getting the .map file would be really helpful.

Cheers,
Minoda

Upvote 0
You can use it in mb2 if you add siege teams and edit .siege file if I recall.

As for entities, you don't need GTK for that, google search entity modding it should not be hard to find.

You can use it in mb2 if you add siege teams and edit .siege file if I recall.

As for entities, you don't need GTK for that, google search entity modding it should not be hard to find.

Thanks, found a tutorial on it! Looks like I just need the name of the entity and coords, easy stuff.

Thanks again