Permanent !spin server

Permanent !spin server jah?

• Total voters

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
update: hi, !spin already exists on Official Open servers, via RTE. Cheggit.

!spin is a fun event. I want to be able to play it more often. I like the stupid bullshit that happens constantly, like jedi with guns or mandalorians with rocket launchers or lightsabers. Or stormies with lightsabers. So I'm making this thread just to poll interest in or discussion of !spin, not because I'm offering to host such a server myself. Nyeh.

I think !spin would be better if the "you died", "you took damage", and "you lost a weapon" rolls were removed or at least very rare. With an equal chance of positive or negative results, !spin feels like it's balanced so that spinning or not-spinning are more or less equally strong playstyles.

I think !spin should be balanced so that spinning every 20 seconds (or whatever it is) is ALWAYS the best move. Only advantageous results. And I guess if that's the case, then spinning should happen automatically. Every 20 (maybe 30) seconds, EVERYONE should automatically be given a spin result. So that as the round goes on, everybody just gets... sillier. It would be almost like a miniature roguelike, in terms of randomized character progression.

(I also think that Force Powers should be granted by !spin, if possible, up to and including Force Repulse. I want to see a stormtrooper repulse, or a mando use force lightning.)

(Inventory items like turrets and shields should also be spinnable.)

So:

- What do y'all think of spin?
- Does anyone want a permanent (Official?) spin server?
- Would the devs make one if people showed enough interest?
- Does my spin variant described above sound fun?

Last edited:
UYVZWre.png

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
eh, there is one. it's called EU and US official open with rte

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
eh, there is one. it's called EU and US official open with rte
Huh! Didn't realize RTE was permanent, thought it was just an event. Neato.

I still think my described variant of spin would be really fun to try buuuuut i guess you're the one who made it, and are the one with all the code, and aren't an active team member any more. And for all i know you don't agree with my suggestions anyway. And For All I Know some of the suggestions are not-actually-easy-at-all to implement.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Huh! Didn't realize RTE was permanent, thought it was just an event. Neato.

I still think my described variant of spin would be really fun to try buuuuut i guess you're the one who made it, and are the one with all the code, and aren't an active team member any more. And for all i know you don't agree with my suggestions anyway. And For All I Know some of the suggestions are not-actually-easy-at-all to implement.

Yes I’m the one who made it and yes I’m retired, but the code is available for other devs. I hadn’t read your post before, just replied to the title.

FYI, spin has about 65% or 70% chance (don’t recall exactly) for positive results, it’s not 50-50. Also giving force powers with spin is probably not possible without a major rewrite of force powers, as I think they only work if your class is Jedi/Sith. Not sure about inventory items. Changing frequency of positive spins or adding an auto-spin is relatively easy.