Penekepack V1.7 Replacement mod // New update is live! //

Discussion in 'Modification and Media Discussion' started by Penekowski, May 14, 2016.

1. Penekowski

Penekowski Lord of the Penekes Movie Battles II Team

Thank you for asking for permissions, I really appreciate it when people take the time to ask for permissions and make sure that everything is alright before publicly posting links and stuff without at least giving the heads up to the original author, that avoids a lot of problems and drama. I'm totally cool with you releasing your standalone pk3 for the soft menu noises as long as it doesn't include unneeded assets from the Penekepack pk3 (reach out to me on discord if you're unsure of anything when making your custom pk3) That being said, the original concept of having soft menu noises came from the HB Pack, so credits to those folks who I respect very much.

For the next time though, I'd really appreciate that any permission requests or stuff along those lines be handled privately through discord or PM with me as this thread is for giving feedback and comments about the pack itself, not for permission requests, etc.

As for your other idea of distributing penekepack in tiny portions, while it's a cool idea, time is lacking on my end lately so I'm not willing to do it.

And yes, @Sam Owens , I do mind. I'm always really grateful when people ask for permission first :)
    Of course, asking for permission is not needed if it's going to be for personal/private use only, not like I could do much about it if that was the case, public projects that happen to use our content do require our permission though, as we always respect other people's work and ask for permissions beforehand according to their licenses, and all we ask for is for people to do the same.

-------------------

Also for all people complaining about Rey having a generic female soundpack, that was my bad, I fucked up with my modeldata.cfg and that wasn't meant to happen, I'll give quick instructions so that Rey can get her actual voice back. (And will also update our pk3 link or release a minihotfix with some other stuff in the near future.)

Open up the Penekepack pk3
    - Go to 'models'
    - Click Players
    - Find and click Rey
    - Remove the 'modeldata.cfg' file

Congratulations, her voice is back.

lessen likes this.
  2. Embraceable

Embraceable

watch your mouth afcdf409b345.jpg

3. SeV

SeV EU Official Server Admin Internal Beta Team

A question for developers that has to do with Penekepack.

Why is Cg_thirdpersonrange cheat locked, and yet available to adjust via a slider in peneke UI? The command should be unlocked so that you can set a consistent value instead of using a hackey slider in the UI options.

Speaking of UI and binds etc. I think for new people it would be dope to make moviebattles specials standard binds into Q for Saberthrow and E for slap, and smth like F5 or F6 for class build selection instead of having to go and bind these buttons manually when you install MB2. Which I think you still have to do, not sure though. It seems better to have them already bound though, cuz its not nice that the first thing a new player is met with is 'wtf I have to sort through binds, what does moviebattles special 1 do?' etc.

Oh, and would it be possible to consider the removal of the two fruit women. I really hate those models and they take up two vital spots that could be used for other cooler models instead.

Puppytine likes this.
  4. Jameson

Jameson

Why remove them while he can add new models still. If you don't like the models don't use them.

5. SeV

SeV EU Official Server Admin Internal Beta Team

There is a finite number of UI spots for model replacements. You cant just add new models. They have to replace old ones and the fruit women slots could be used for much better models.

k4far and Puppytine like this.
  6. Jameson

Jameson

Ah didn't know.

7. Penekowski

It's a bit buggy and it has some unintended side effects that are currently being fixed by our UI team (I'm talking from a dev standpoint)
    As for the Goku fish Jedi, while I had nothing to do with their addition, except for their soundpacks, I do like them very much. It's not in my plans to remove them, but you could always make a replacement for them if they really bother you.

Tempest might be able to answer your other question for auto binds, and yeah I agree. Binding them to Q and E sounds like a good idea.

k4far and Jameson like this.
  8. Noob

Noob Contributor

Any word on RGB deka shield mr. Penekedev? :D

Penekowski likes this.
  9. Jameson

Jameson

Lmao hell no.

k4far and Penekowski like this.
  10. Penekowski

Well, I tried. I mean once I got into the deka files and I noticed that they also used some weird shader and stuff I was like
    [​IMG]

Perhaps @eezstreet might be able to give some help, I think it requires some code h4x (I just want to make the deka shield RGB)

Noob and Encritary like this.
  11. eezstreet

eezstreet Movie Battles II Team

It'd need proper code to hook up, sry

swagmaster and Penekowski like this.
  12. Mechaelite

Mechaelite

Well I've been using a custom seventh sister with the faceplate on model for JA's Tavion for a while now (I simply preffer her with the faceplate on) and now with the fifth brother being added in I'm just going to have to put him in there too. Query, does your seventh sister also have an option to wear the faceplate modifying her skin code files? Her model's much more HQ than the one I am using.

13. swagmaster

swagmaster Internal Beta Team

Sorry to say, but she doesn't have the faceplate option.

14. Ski Mask

Ski Mask

A recommendation for something in the next pack is Tulak hord.

Jameson likes this.