•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Only a few servers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys when since i installed the new version that came out (ver. 1.3.2), i had this little issue. I have only a few servers and the problem is that all servers are empty! I tried to unnistall several times and still can't fix it.

If anyone has the solucion for that, i would apreciated.

thx all :)

Use this.
Movie Battles II Server List
Copy the address of the server, start mb, click join then bring up the console its the ` key next to the #1 key.
Then type in the following.
/connect
after that paste the ip (ctrl v)
Should look like this

/connect 53.555.555.555:25255

This is not a real server

Use this method until you can find the fix you need.
it shows an error saying Client and server versions don't match: Client movie battles 2 v 1.3 server movie battles 2 v 1.3.2
And then says connect to a movie battles 2 v 1.3

What does that mean?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It means your client DLLs are not up to date. Can you please provide details of your installation? Operating system, launch method (.bat, steam, or launcher), which engine (jamp, mbii openjk, or vanilla openjk).

it shows an error saying Client and server versions don't match: Client movie battles 2 v 1.3 server movie battles 2 v 1.3.2

What does that mean?
Do you have JKA on steam?

If you do, verify the cache to make sure its the latest version of the game, then uninstall everything regarding mb2. Then download the launcher from the forum up there at the top of the forum page.

Then reinstall it via the launcher from scratch.
Spaghetti may have a different solution but this is what I would do, and I just have vanilla JKA on steam.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
He shouldn't need to completely uninstall. If faketaxi is using something like vanilla openjk with a bat then there is much simpler fix, but I wanted to hear his install details before throwing out ideas.

From my experience of playing with mods of any nature, clean wipes have always worked more than trying to fix whats there for me.

I have no idea what open jk is or jka+, im still new to this scene so I have no idea how any of those work or what they are.
Taxi I would go with spaghetti's method if you have anything of the sort, if not; a simple re-download and clean install should fix it.

Last edited:
Do you have JKA on steam?

If you do, verify the cache to make sure its the latest version of the game, then uninstall everything regarding mb2. Then download the launcher from the forum up there at the top of the forum page.

Then reinstall it via the launcher from scratch.
Spaghetti may have a different solution but this is what I would do, and I just have vanilla JKA on steam.
no i'm using a downloaded version of jka. should i unnistall all of mb2 again? how do i fix it?

It means your client DLLs are not up to date. Can you please provide details of your installation? Operating system, launch method (.bat, steam, or launcher), which engine (jamp, mbii openjk, or vanilla openjk).
I'm using the last version of mb2, which is ver. 1.3.2. I use the launcher to play it. i have all the files that came out, even the jampgamei386.so file, but i have been wondering myself... this file is for the servers right?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
I need to know which engine the launcher is using. If you open the launcher and go to settings, what does it say next to "Run game using:"?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer

What does that mean?
I had exactly same problem as you. It have been solved when I deleted temporary server fix, which is file "GameData\MBII\zzzzz_MBII.pk3". I know you wrote that you didn't have such file, but check it again.
Also try to remove the whole MBII folder, and, if you use downloaded game, unpack "mb2-v1-3-1.zip" and "V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade.zip" to create folder again.
If your pick is launcher, follow this instruction (integrity check stuff): Launcher Fix Released | Movie Battles II Community

I had exactly same problem as you. It have been solved when I deleted temporary server fix, which is file "GameData\MBII\zzzzz_MBII.pk3". I know you wrote that you didn't have such file, but check it again.
Also try to remove the whole MBII folder, and, if you use downloaded game, unpack "mb2-v1-3-1.zip" and "V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade.zip" to create folder again.
If your pick is launcher, follow this instruction (integrity check stuff): Launcher Fix Released | Movie Battles II Community
i tried to search for that file, but i dont have it... i already deleted mbII folder and installed again and still i have only a few servers :/

Taxi are you playing with a pirated copy of the game? You didn't mention GoG or where you got it so im going with that.
I am going to throw out there that your base game needs to be updated since you don't have it via steam.
yeah i have a pirated copy, but that doesn't mean its because of that. I have been playing mb2 for 5 years with this pirate copy.

yeah i have a pirated copy, but that doesn't mean its because of that. I have been playing mb2 for 5 years with this pirate copy.
So wait, you played before and it was fine for X amount of time and its until recently it started to go bonkers.

Now im kinda confused because it should be a simple re-download and install from the newest launcher.

Try joining a server agian via the method I showed you up there and paste the results.
Screenshot would be better if you can.

Edit: From reading the thread agian, it seems like you have some kind of file hiding somewhere that needs to be removed or replaced. It should just be a re download of the latest launcher and have it do an integrity check. I am not sure what else could be the problem, if you played this game x amount of years via from going to a folder. Chances are its messy and unorganized from other mods you played and it could be interfering with MB2.

What you could do is make another folder, and copy game into that new folder from a fresh download.
And by fresh download I mean download Jedi knight academy again, and put it in that new folder.
(make sure you update the base game before doing this) and install the new movie battles into that folder instead of the main one you have. Then play the game via the new folder.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i tried to search for that file, but i dont have it... i already deleted mbII folder and installed again and still i have only a few servers :/
Well... If launcher is used, maybe you'll try manual install via "mb2-v1-3-1.zip" and "V1.3.1_V1.3.2_Upgrade.zip", start it with "Play_MBII.bat"?
Also, give us a listing of your JA folder:
Start => Run => cmd => press enter, in console window, type (replace "G:\Program Files" with actual path):
dir "G:\Program Files\JediAcademy" >> c:\list.txt /s
press enter. Then upload "list.txt" to this thread.
Taxi are you playing with a pirated copy of the game or by disks?
I have pirated copy too, it's not even full, i guess, since i can't play single mode, but I still can run mb2, have all servers in list and can play on them.

mb2 print.png

Status
Not open for further replies.