Old Jedi Outcast Player Trying New Game

Hey!Just wanted to say hi to this community that keeps old good star wars games alive!I really enjoy play jedi outcast multiplayer,been playing it for ever.Feel free to leave any tips for a new player,i got some basics of the game but i feel like im missing a lot of stuff.Anyways have a good one!

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hey there! Some tips:
  • Remember to bind all the MB2 specific buttons from the Controls menu.
  • While effective in the base JA/JO game, jumping around a lot as a saberist will most likely get you killed in MB2.
  • As a Jedi/Sith, keeping an eye on your blocking points and Force points is vital. If they're low, get to cover and let them regenerate!
  • Remember to hold walk or crouch if you encounter a Jedi/Sith as a gunner, otherwise they'll pushwhore you to the ground.
  • If you encounter idiots ingame, use the /ignore command to mute them. Have a thick skin against trolls!
  • Random suggestion: Try ambushing people in tight situations with Wookiee Rage. Guaranteed fun! :D
Best way to learn is to observe other players. You can also check this forum section for some tutorials and guides: Tutorials and Guides

Hope you have a blast! :)

Do not give up if it hurts it will get pleasant... eventually :]
Thanks!I'll try haha.

- - - Updated - - -
Hey there! Some tips:
  • While effective in the base JA/JO game, jumping around a lot as a saberist will most likely get you killed in MB2.
  • As a Jedi/Sith, keeping an eye on your blocking points and Force points is vital. If they're low, get to cover and let them regenerate!
  • Remember to hold walk or crouch if you encounter a Jedi/Sith as a gunner, otherwise they'll pushwhore you to the ground.
  • If you encounter idiots ingame, use the /ignore command to mute them. Have a thick skin against trolls!
  • Random suggestion: Try ambushing people in tight situations with Wookiee Rage. Guaranteed fun! :D
Best way to learn is to observe other players. You can also check this forum section for some tutorials and guides: Tutorials and Guides

Hey thanks for the info man!
4th advice is so useful!Its so frustrating encountering a jedi/sith as long as you are not a jedi/sith.IIl give holding shift a try on my next encounter!And yeah,even though im a new player ive proven myself that basic strategies like flanking and such(as long as they are executed properly)will pay off.

- - - Updated - - -
Hey there! Some tips:

I got a question if you dont mind.Basically i tend to play bounty hunter pretty often and like everytime i meet a jedi its like basically im a free kill.So my question is,how do i fight a a 1v1 me as a non jedi/sith versus a jedi/sith?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
BH is a pretty good class to wipe out Jedi. Keep your distance at first, while avoiding running. Focus on draining the Jedi's Force points by shooting at them accurately. Once they're out of FP they won't be able to block your shots anymore. You could try landing a poison dart as well, which will halt the Jedi's FP regen. When the Jedi gets close, let go of your walk/crouch button and try to dodge the swings, while shooting. When they're swinging they're at their most vulnerable and you can land some shots to deal damage.

Aiming accurately is the most important thing. Which gun you pick is just a matter of preference, any will do the job once you get the hang of it. It might take a while and you'll often fail, but practice makes perfect!

Also, if you're playing on a server that gives you a high ping all this will be extra difficult! You should try to pick a server that gives you the lowest possible ping to not gimp yourself from the start. You probably knew this, though.

EDIT: This video by ol' Ben might help too.

BH is a pretty good class to wipe out Jedi. Keep your distance at first, while avoiding running. Focus on draining the Jedi's Force points by shooting at them accurately. Once they're out of FP they won't be able to block your shots anymore. You could try landing a poison dart as well, which will halt the Jedi's FP regen. When the Jedi gets close, let go of your walk/crouch button and try to dodge the swings, while shooting. When they're swinging they're at their most vulnerable and you can land some shots to deal damage.

Aiming accurately is the most important thing. Which gun you pick is just a matter of preference, any will do the job once you get the hang of it. It might take a while and you'll often fail, but practice makes perfect!

Also, if you're playing on a server that gives you a high ping all this will be extra difficult! You should try to pick a server that gives you the lowest possible ping to not gimp yourself from the start. You probably knew this, though.

EDIT: This video by ol' Ben might help too.

I just did a mistake,i said i play bounty hunter although i meant i play with Jango Fett which is a mandalorian,so i tend to play a lot of mandalorian.Nonetheless ill give the bounty hunters a shot ,i didnt even know they had poison dart!Thanks for the info!

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I recommend changing your crosshair to something smaller. the smaller the crosshair, the less spread you will likely do with the clunky base crosshair.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I forgot how fantastic LolzBen's vids are. Holy heck is it nice to see someone giving MB2 that much intellectual respect and analysis.

I use 13 and the command /cg_crosshairsize (lower number than default, mine personally is 14) to get a nice small dot on my screen for aiming. Additionally setting it to a color that stands out on all maps helps, r 255, g 0, b 255.

I personally use 10. But @Lenny try them all and see what fits you best it's all down to your preference.

Will do.Tbh it doesnt seem the problem,played many fps games before including a lot of jedi outcast and jedi academy with the guns but ill give it a shot :)

I use 13 and the command /cg_crosshairsize (lower number than default, mine personally is 14) to get a nice small dot on my screen for aiming. Additionally setting it to a color that stands out on all maps helps, r 255, g 0, b 255.

Is that like a purple or something?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I also made a custom crosshair that I still think is really great in theory and in practice. It's two-color because no matter what single color I set a default crosshair to, I still somehow manage to lose track of the crosshair during fights. I have never had that problem with my custom crosshair. (To get the magenta and green effect, you have to set your crosshair color to white.)

Also I lose track of small crosshairs easily, so I made my crosshair a bit large (although you can adjust that with the crosshairSize cvar), but to avoid the problem that big crosshairs have where they obscure your vision, i basically chopped the bottom half off my crosshair. That way, if you're aiming at head height at long range, you can still see where people are moving by looking at their torsos, just below your crosshair.

I also made a custom crosshair that I still think is really great in theory and in practice. It's two-color because no matter what single color I set a default crosshair to, I still somehow manage to lose track of the crosshair during fights. I have never had that problem with my custom crosshair. (To get the magenta and green effect, you have to set your crosshair color to white.)

Also I lose track of small crosshairs easily, so I made my crosshair a bit large (although you can adjust that with the crosshairSize cvar), but to avoid the problem that big crosshairs have where they obscure your vision, i basically chopped the bottom half off my crosshair. That way, if you're aiming at head height at long range, you can still see where people are moving by looking at their torsos, just below your crosshair.

That looks pretty interesting,might give it a show once i get a bit better at the game xD its already too much information at once.