Occasional servers that have a high amount of players but are pass-coded?

So I've noticed once in a while there will be a bunch of servers that have little to no people but then there's a server that has a good 24-30 people but it's locked. I might be an idiot and it's simply a clan thing going on, but was just curious to know of the reasoning behind said servers. I'm obviously not asking for the password for that kind of defeats the purpose, just wanted some info of how that started up.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
So I've noticed once in a while there will be a bunch of servers that have little to no people but then there's a server that has a good 24-30 people but it's locked. I might be an idiot and it's simply a clan thing going on, but was just curious to know of the reasoning behind said servers. I'm obviously not asking for the password for that kind of defeats the purpose, just wanted some info of how that started up.
Usually these are competitive scrims where it's important that random casual/troll players don't just join up and interrupt. Servers often have Discord invites (as shown on the web server list) which you can use to find the players and if it's open to newcomers, ask to watch or participate.

Usually these are competitive scrims where it's important that random casual/troll players don't just join up and interrupt. Servers often have Discord invites (as shown on the web server list) which you can use to find the players and if it's open to newcomers, ask to watch or participate.
Thank you for the reply! Didn't even think of that. I figured it had something to do with keeping trolls out