[NON OFFICIAL POLL] Would you like to see Catwalk back in DOTFV2?

Would you like to see Catwalk again in DOTFV2?

• Total voters

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Please keep in mind that this is not an official poll and the results will not officially confirm that we'll bring catwalk back. I made this thread as one more member of the community, just another player that really wants to see catwalk again. As many of you, I feel like the new map is great and all, but it needs a lot of tweaks that we're all working on to bring you an enjoyable and smooth experience in-game.

Please specify the reason/s as to why you're voting yes/no so that we can all have a civil discussion about it.

I'm personally going with yes because of the amount of fun that I've had on that place in my long ass career in MBII. It's more of a nostalgic sort of thing for me, I also feel like ever since CW was removed, Rocket ARC is barely used in that map anymore, which is kind of sad. I'd love to see Catwalk back, but the author is really against due to a different amount of reasons, some of which I agree with, but don't necessarily feel like they are good enough to have it removed.

Make your voice heard and vote!

Cheers.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Note: this is coming in the future to add more verticality, cover, etc.

3351a4ae9885c323b194f82c7da7b8ad.png

Still feel free to voice your opinion.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
I'd love to see cw and the elevator in duel mode and of course in open mode as well. But if i had to pick either one, i'd pick cw back in duel mode (because some ppl qq about cw in open)

How many people actually camp the CW successfully before being cleared out by Mando's/BH's? I've never seen it last more than a few rounds. I've seen way more fun endings to rounds occur due to the CW than I've seen camping and timewasting, but who knows; maybe I haven't seen much.

I agree the CW promotes camping, yet I still voted yes to bringing it back because the same could be said for almost every nook and cranny of every map. Yet they, in my opinion still serve the higher purpose of actually bringing that part of the map to life. If you want a perfectly camp-free map then just stick everyone in a big square box and problem solved.

EDIT: I actually really like the idea Vis proposed

Last edited:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
CW's vertical aspect was cool in Fed, but in hangar it was counter-productive cos of camping and defending which is not the point, so overall I'm happy to see it gone. Perhaps some verticality could be preserved. What if there was no CW but an elevator that'd only lead to a door to Fed from above? Why did the old CW basically have endless cover? What if it was more narrow and more exposed? Just throwing ideas, I'm happy with the current situation too. Just should never say never when it comes to things like this and always test, iterate and explore for different possibilities. I think people agree that verticality does create some interesting gameplay in some situations. How could that be done without resulting in weird camping?

Last edited:

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
I'm against bringing catwalk back in hanger, but I really like Lervish's idea about bringing catwalk back only in fed. That's the only part about catwalk that I think contributed something positive to DotF from a tactical point of view.

I enjoy well utilized vertical gameplay in MB2, and right now in DotF the only vertical aspect that sees a lot of play is throne stairs, and to some extent right corridor. Generator walkways and left throne corridor offer vertical gameplay as well, but generally don't see very much action because they're out of the way.

Bob-Billy

KotOR Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Let's add a random console near throne room , so both team can use it to destroy the CW , less camping , less tryhard tears