Noel's Dueling Guide [1.6 - parts outdated]

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Okay so I just went HAM and thanks to a few special people in game I got some more video footage to accompany each section:

Added:
  • MB videos.
  • Half swinging.
  • Yaw.
  • Special attacks.
  • Shadow swinging.
  • Credits.

The guide is basically done now, there are two more sections in the contents sections that I will add tomorrow that aren't really that important.

Thanks to everyone that's helped to create this!

Looks very noice, GJ!

EDIT: The marked red should say left, right? :p
any swings on the D side, you would turn right and any on the A side you would turn right.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
How effective is shadowswinging in 1.4.5? I found it didn't really seem viable last patch, and it's how I duel most often. Also you summed up 1-8 pretty well that's as in depth as i go when newbies ask how to duel

How effective is shadowswinging in 1.4.5? I found it didn't really seem viable last patch, and it's how I duel most often. Also you summed up 1-8 pretty well that's as in depth as i go when newbies ask how to duel
Thank you!

I've found that using shadow swing to combo and then run is pretty effective, but to gain ACM it's not really worth atm, as ACM seems to have next to no value in this patch.

Read it all. I have one question. What is ACC? I saw it mentioned somewhere, it must have something to do with ACM.

Read it all. I have one question. What is ACC? I saw it mentioned somewhere, it must have something to do with ACM.
I think ACC is another word for ACM, its just people calling it like 'Attack Chain Multiplier' or 'Attack Chain Count'. Either that or people call it ACC by accident, I know I used to call ACM 'ADM' because I thought it meant 'Attack Damage Multiplier.'

I think ACC is another word for ACM, its just people calling it like 'Attack Chain Multiplier' or 'Attack Chain Count'. Either that or people call it ACC by accident, I know I used to call ACM 'ADM' because I thought it meant 'Attack Damage Multiplier.'

ACC used to be the number of attacks you needed to made in order to get 1 ACM, its nothing relevant now since you get ACM in each hit after your first single hit, however, in 1.3 was important, if i remember it properly, it was:

3 ACC = 1 ACM for fast styles.
2 ACC = 1 ACM for medium styles.
1 ACC = 1 ACM for strong styles.

*ACC stands for Attack Chain Counter

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I've seen players mention AP and it's also shown in some of the FA descriptions "AP Multiplier" Any idea what it is? I'd assume attack points but I have no idea where it fits in with the rest

I've seen players mention AP and it's also shown in some of the FA descriptions "AP Multiplier" Any idea what it is? I'd assume attack points but I have no idea where it fits in with the rest
I just consulted a wiser (jewish) man than I who said that it's the damage that each swing of a specific style does.

For instance, yellow has a higher AP than blue because it does more damage per hit (I think).

Im guessing an AP Multiplier would be something which is FA-specific, so it'll make certain classes do more damage per swing than another, so one Jedi's yellow swings might do X damage and then another Jedi's yellow with a 2x AP Multiplier might do 2X damage.

As for dueling, I don't think you'd need to really know anything about AP, except obviously that their AP values go in order of: blue, cyan, duals, staff, yellow, purple, red.

I'm guessing your AP value is also effected by ACM.

This helps far more than the compendium, the compendium helps to learn the core concepts but this guide shows how things are actually done and HOW to do them, this is what people need. I wish would have found this sooner to learn how a halfswing must look like. How is this not pinned yet?

10/10 great work!

This helps far more than the compendium, the compendium helps to learn the core concepts but this guide shows how things are actually done and HOW to do them, this is what people need. I wish would have found this sooner to learn how a halfswing must look like. How is this not pinned yet?

10/10 great work!
It is pinned it's just not on the launcher and people have used Sev's guide for so long that it automatically gets recommended over this one.

Sev's contains more information on how to actually be good, despite its age, whereas this just tells you the mechanics, not what to do with them