New to game

I used to play Jedi Academy way back in the day. Doubt anyone remembers a Jester? Anyway I bought Jedi Academy on steam for old times sake and it didn't seem terribly active. I mean the game is old as fuck, right? Some guy in a server who was absolutely whiping the floor with me mentioned mb2. We got to talking and he told me I should try it out. He mentioned its like a Jedi Academy Counter strike. Seems like I could give it a try. He had nothing but good things to say about it. Anyway look forward to seeing you in game. Downloading now.

Hey quick question. I keep hearing about perfect block. How do you do it? By the way just got done playing for the first time and love it. A bit tough, dying alot, but fun, lol.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hey quick question. I keep hearing about perfect block. How do you do it? By the way just got done playing for the first time and love it. A bit tough, dying alot, but fun, lol.

Perfect block is performed by aiming your crosshair at different zones around the enemy body corresponding to the different swings. Check out this guide [Guide] The Dueling Compendium

It is currently a bit outdated but for the basics I suppose it will do. And not to self-promote or anything but I've got a bunch of gameplay videos on my youtube channel here which may also be of some use.

Hey off the subject I found a movie battles 2 steam group with 315 members. Is that the one most of the people here are in?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Hey off the subject I found a movie battles 2 steam group with 315 members. Is that the one most of the people here are in?

I'm in one called Moviebattles II Team which currently has 465 members.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I used to play Jedi Academy way back in the day. Doubt anyone remembers a Jester? Anyway I bought Jedi Academy on steam for old times sake and it didn't seem terribly active. I mean the game is old as F**k, right? Some guy in a server who was absolutely whiping the floor with me mentioned mb2. We got to talking and he told me I should try it out. He mentioned its like a Jedi Academy Counter strike. Seems like I could give it a try. He had nothing but good things to say about it. Anyway look forward to seeing you in game. Downloading now.

Quick word of advice.
Aim for their heads.

Dead-Space-Ignition-Necromorphst.jpg

[Experiments on organic lifeforms prove it to have a 1.4x damage modifier.]
(Ineffective against advanced droid models.)

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
[Experiments on organic lifeforms prove it to have a 1.4x damage modifier.]
Eh? It's way higher than 1.4x, if you take a body shot as 1.0x, headshots do more like 3x at least, and I thought I remembered a dev saying 3.5x. I did damage testing with some guns at one point and I don't remember if it was 3x or more, but it was definitely much higher than 1.4x.

P3 (and Mando Wrist Blaster) wouldn't one-shot headshot Jedi if it was 1.4x (since their base damage is, like, 40 and 45, iirc)

Definitely aim for heads, except against Super Battle Droids or Droidekas. And the "aim for heads" rule is even MORE essentially uber-essential against Wookiees. Make them rue the day they grew such a large head.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Documentation for all the weapon damages, saber style numbers, and multipliers for various things (head shots for guns, damage modifiers for various things on sabers, etc) are something we should incorporate into the library as well as wiki (and maybe even a stickied post with a bullet point list of the important ones somewhere here on the forums would be good too).

Head shot damage multiplier is 3.0 btw.

Also, always glad to see new blood coming in. Hope you enjoy your stay :).

Last edited:
Thanks for all the usefull info and the warm welcomes! I joined both the steam groups. If you see me online feel free to add me. Ziggy is my name on there same as here. Looking forward to seeing you guys in game. :)

Last edited:
Documentation for all the weapon damages, saber style numbers, and multipliers for various things (head shots for guns, damage modifiers for various things on sabers, etc) are something we should incorporate into the library as well as wiki (and maybe even a stickied post with a bullet point list of the important ones somewhere here on the forums would be good too).

Head shot damage is 3.0 btw.

Also, always glad to see new blood coming in. Hope you enjoy your stay :).

Thank you for the correction of data. It has been a while since Old Ben said it was 1.4x in some post forgotten long ago.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Thank you for the correction of data. It has been a while since Old Ben said it was 1.4x in some post forgotten long ago.
You're probably referring to this, and he said torso shots were 1.3. Moreover, he was slightly wrong anyway. Although the numbers that Subaru cites seem off to me too, because my testing seemed to indicate that body shots are somewhere around 1.0x rather than 1.3x.

Your memory's corrupted! I'm afraid it's fatal. We'll have to melt down all of your bodies and your core system satellite thing, and remold it all into a nice statue in remembrance of you.

We'll never forget you! </3

Lol lessen, I like you already. My noob hi thread has not only been really educational but entertaining. If this is any indication of what this community is like I really think I'm going to like this game.

Reactions: SeV
Your memory's corrupted! I'm afraid it's fatal. We'll have to melt down all of your bodies and your core system satellite thing, and remold it all into a nice statue in remembrance of you.

We'll never forget you! </3

Be careful organic, I'm not the 'toaster' you're looking for.

8982d63a68a428fbd2522a1d2b92c0cc.gif

That's french for I'll kill you if you try.

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
And that's not the language you're looking for.

That's English for "that is not French". :p