New Player, Looking to Learn

Hey there all, thanks for reading. I've been a JKA fan since back in the OG Xbox days (though I'll admit I've never been exactly pro), and rushed to download this mod the moment I witnessed a montage on YT. I've been playing sporadically the past week or so, and even though I've definitely improved from my traditional fanspam technique, I'm leagues behind the average duelist I come across.

I'd love any tips that come to mind (note that I've already read over the saber stance explanation, so I understand the theory of PBlocking and what not), and even a few sparring buddies. All in all, I'm glad to be here, and look forward to the day I no longer get slapped to death by 'pros'.

Hi, there have been multiple people like you posting here in the airlock lately and there people also posted tips, which might help you. So just keep reading the forum.

If you remember my name and see me around, I always offer training to new players as long they're not pure jerk! I'm quite busy right now tho but....

Go read Noel's Dueling Guide for now, It got every informations you may need, its a good guide, then heavy pratice what you remember with people of your level.

Noel's Dueling Guide [How to duel in current build!]

There are others guide around like Sev's Guide, or the old EW one made by Tempest him self, but they are abit outdated, tho still contain some precious infos.

Go easy on you, there's alot of stuff to learn, so dont give hope if you forgot somethings! It will all come naturally in time.

Most important stuff to put your attention on right now are... PerfectBlocks, Swing Block, Slaps, Yaws, Complex Combos, and to understand ACM.

If you can get the hang of these, you'll already be decent!

Then later, much later on when you get the hang of Dueling Basis, put some attention on MBs/Disarms, Shadow Swings among others Dueling Subtilities/Technics.

It wont serve you any good if you try to learn too much thing at same time, put efforts on the most important stuff first, give yourself sometime to understand and memorise the mechanics, pratice it, then move to other stuff.

At some point, you'll naturally mix all of these to create and form your very unique style.

Awesome, thanks for the direction guys. I've already gone through Sev's guide, and started reading Noel's last night. I wish there was a bit more info on how to properly use the staff, but I'm appreciating the detail on pblocking and timing those crucial pimp hands.

Even if you had all the infos my sweet man, it literally and simply all trully come with pratice.

Just keep at it, eventually you'll find the right flow for each styles.