•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] New MB2 Launcher can't detect the Gamedata folder.

I get the warning after updating the launcher:

[ Textbox } Warning. The installation location you have selected appears to be invalid. Do you want to try again?

Then I follow the prompt and choose the JKA folder with GameData and MB2 in it, and it gives the same ''location invalid'' message.

Installation Folder: Windows C: > Program Files (x86) > LucasArts > Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy > GameData

Is this happening with anyone else or should I just reinstall?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The launcher validates that the GameData folder contains:
  • A file named jasp.exe
  • A folder called base, which contains files:
    • assets0.pk3
    • assets1.pk3
    • assets2.pk3
    • assets3.pk3
If any of this is not the case then you will need to fix the base game installation. If you have an early retail version of the game then you may need to install the 1.01 patch. If you have a Steam version then you can just verify integrity of game files from Properties > Local Files to fix any issues.

I just checked, assets3.pk3 is the only thing missing, you're right I had the 1.00 version, I just updated it and now assets3.pk3 appears.

The new launcher works as intended 👍 Issue has been fixed. Thanks for the help.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Yeah we had to change the validation to be more strict because some folks managed to do things like use a Jedi Outcast installation before, which obviously caused support issues.