New guy

Hey all, I saw there was an introductions board so I figured why not. I've only recently discovered Movie Battles 2 (i've only played since last night) and so far i'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of new mechanics to remember, but I seem to be managing alright. I've only played Soldier for now on two different servers, but hopefully I can git gud and learn dueling since it looks incredibly fun. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with the mod, and it was a very nice surprise to see so many people active since I haven't played JA in years. So if you see me make a big mistake in game or i'm wandering around a map looking lost, just blame new guy syndrome. :D

Hey all, I saw there was an introductions board so I figured why not. I've only recently discovered Movie Battles 2 (i've only played since last night) and so far i'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of new mechanics to remember, but I seem to be managing alright. I've only played Soldier for now on two different servers, but hopefully I can git gud and learn dueling since it looks incredibly fun. I'm looking forward to spending a lot of time with the mod, and it was a very nice surprise to see so many people active since I haven't played JA in years. So if you see me make a big mistake in game or i'm wandering around a map looking lost, just blame new guy syndrome. :D
EU or NA?

anyway, playing sold was the right idea. Keep doing that for a while and then switch through all gunner classes before going for sith/jedi

NA :) and yeah I kind of got that feeling after I watched a room full of Jedi and Sith brawling. Saber combat looks way more in depth, so i'm sort of just trying to see who's doing what when to get better ideas on how it all works. I do really like that even ranged classes are able to take out Jedi/Sith how they do. It really surprised me when i'd gunned down somebody with a staff and I was just a rank and file looking battle droid with a rifle. Lol.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
NA :) and yeah I kind of got that feeling after I watched a room full of Jedi and Sith brawling. Saber combat looks way more in depth, so i'm sort of just trying to see who's doing what when to get better ideas on how it all works. I do really like that even ranged classes are able to take out Jedi/Sith how they do. It really surprised me when i'd gunned down somebody with a staff and I was just a rank and file looking battle droid with a rifle. Lol.

Hi.

Just play Soldier/ET/Commander, way more rewarding. Mando/Arc are fun, but they take a lot of skill (Unless you're one of those flying emergency rocket Mandos). A blind monkey with cerebral palsy could play Clone/Wook/SBD effectively, and heroes/BHs are a dime a dozen. I really would like to see more Solds/Coms/ETs.

Anywho, if you ever meet me in-game, I'll be glad to teach you how to saber. You'll see me as '{DoM}Dooku[BM/LD]'

I do enjoy Soldier quite a bit, which is surprising because I figured i'd be drawn in by all the cool stuff i've seen happen while watching duels, but there's something that just feels great about playing as some guy with a rifle seeing all this crazy stuff happen and still being able to put in some work. I've mostly stuck with Soldier unless it really, really wasn't working out at the time; I tried out Clone once against a heavily Soldier-stacked team on Death Star. It was fun, but I definitely see what you mean. Clone's rate of fire on the rifle helped a ton with being outnumbered in every gun fight, but with Soldier every shot I placed well felt great. I'm surprised with how much I enjoy the gun fighting, especially after seeing most people stack Jedi/Sith.

I'll keep that in mind and keep an eye out for you, sounds good to me! I'm sure i'll want to try out saber combat at some point in the near future just to see what it's all about.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
A blind monkey with cerebral palsy could play Clone/Wook/SBD effectively
Not actually true. Those classes can be counterplayed pretty hard, especially if a newbie is playing them. And saying it THAT exaggeratedly just means that if an inexperienced player DOES try those class and does poorly, they'll feel worse about themselves. We don't want to discourage people about their own skill level or capabilities, as a rule.

Although I suppose if you didn't acknowledge that they are easy classes in the grand scheme of things, then the opposite could happen: someone could pick those classes early on and do well with them, and then refuse to ever switch because "this is the only class I'm good with." That wouldn't be all bad though. While the classes do have a fairly low barrier to entry, there's not actually many dedicated pros of those classes, because of the stigma, I think.

(well, no, i've seen people like Comex play Clone. But for really scary SBDs there's basically just Goliath, and at least in NA there simply doesn't exist a Wookiee charge shot master. Although I saw a Mando charge shot master for the first time ever last week.)

honestly, they might even be overpowered classes, I personally almost refuse to have a stance on that for lack of experience. They're definitely strong and I wish people used them (and Deka) more, so people would learn how to fight them better instead of just being scared of them and refusing to use them. Pretty sure I've multiple times seen people try SBD or Wookiee for a round, do badly, and switch off, though. I think newbies gravitate much more towards Saberist instead, because high survivability and laser sword.

(oy vey, i need to go back to studying succinctness, every post i've written recently has been unnecessarily in-depth.)