•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher My problem

Hello this is my first post and here is my problem.

I read install guide and some post with problems that people have but here is mine and i am sorry in advance if this tread all ready exist.
So i have original Steam Jedi Academy and it's set to install in custom location:
F:\Igre\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData
In that location i downloaded MovieBattlesII_FULL_V1.4.8 files (torrent) then i did "Steam: Archive Installation" step and then i start game and mod works fine.
But after enter any server i got kick with message "Please start the game via launcher and keep it running!'
They i try to start mod with launcher then i got massage "Jedi Academy has to be installed in steam's installation folder"
I also try to install mod from launcher , i also try repair but no luck.
I have read solutions that Puppytine post and i see part that say that need to bi installed in default steam location but i can't do that becouse i don't have space on that drive.

So do you guys have any tips for what to do next and how to fix my problem?

Thank you.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Hi there. it doesn't have to be the default steam folder, but it does have to have a folder called steam in it. For instance - "F:\Igre\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData" would work fine. This is a bug in launcher that will be fixed in the next release.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Hi there. it doesn't have to be the default steam folder, but it does have to have a folder called steam in it. For instance - "F:\Igre\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData" would work fine. This is a bug in launcher that will be fixed in the next release.
While this may help, "Application load error 5:0000065434" may occur.
If that actually happens, there are two way to fix it:
  1. Move Jedi Academy to default Steam folder, or
  2. Use MBII Client, which is independent from Steam.
Technical Issue - Application load error 5:0000065434

2a120b360346.png

Last edited:
Tnx for fast response guys.

I did try from MBII launcher and now it works, game start but now when i pick server and start loading game crash and i got "Not Responding" windows window.

In settings in game i set Fullscreen ON and set custom resolution 1920x1080, can that be a problem or something else ?

Also i uninstall game and install in default Steam location and i have same problem with Not Responding.

Last edited: