Movie Battles II could learn a thing or two from this game.

D

Deleted member 3500

There's a reason why TF2 remains one of, if not the Best team-based shooter, and it's due to mechanics MBII would only dream of having, and why people keep coming back to play it.

I agree. They also could learn quite a bit from DMC Boss battles about the flow of combat. I went ahead and posted a no damage run against Vergil one of the more nuanced boss fights. I've never played the game myself but just looking at it I was able to immediately identify how certain ascepts could be integrated into MB2.

D

Deleted member 3500

I agree. They also could learn quite a bit from DMC Boss battles about the flow of combat. I went ahead and posted a no damage run against Vergil one of the more nuanced boss fights. I've never played the game myself but just looking at it I was able to immediately identify how certain ascepts could be integrated into MB2.

DMC 5 is one of the Best Action games I've ever played. The depth in it's mechanics is insane.

D

Deleted member 3500

Like what? Care to elaborate?

Bunny-hopping (Which Base JKA and JK2 had), Rocket-Jumping, An Engineer class capable of setting up Turrets and issuing out health and ammo, a MEDIC CLASS, A class that acts like the Spy capable of infiltration and going invisible for a set amount of time (This would especially be useful for CTF mode), among many other things.

Bunny-hopping (Which Base JKA and JK2 had), Rocket-Jumping, An Engineer class capable of setting up Turrets and issuing out health and ammo, a MEDIC CLASS, A class that acts like the Spy capable of infiltration and going invisible for a set amount of time (This would especially be useful for CTF mode), among many other things.
mb2 already has everything you mentioned in this post, aside from non-suicidal rocket jumping i guess

i agree, grogu in legends mode should have a gun

mb2 already has everything you mentioned in this post, aside from non-suicidal rocket jumping i guess
ARCs can rocket jump using pulse rockets lol
There's a reason why TF2 remains one of, if not the Best team-based shooter, and it's due to mechanics MBII would only dream of having, and why people keep coming back to play it.

TF2's balance is similar on the surface, but in the end is very different from MB2 (open mode) balance. The game is partially balanced around most classes not having a source of healing, and until ctf was added, the last man standing gamemode. MB2 classes are also more complex stat-wise, but have fewer weapons to choose from. I understand wanting to add more features but trying to make MB2 TF2 will just make MB2 a worse TF2.

A troll or an idiot? A question as old as the universe itself

TF2 is my all time favorite game... But slapping mechanics from one good game onto another game isn't a recipe for a good idea. I think it's very important to the balance of MB2 Open that there are no healers. Even though I played TF2 Medic competitively for a while, I don't want a healer in open. And I certainly don't want a Spy class, Jedi with Mind Trick is enough stealth.

Engineer classes are really hard to do right. TF2 Engineer is a great balance of requiring a lot of resource management and thought (unless your team stacks the class), and the buildings have lots of counter play. Compare this to Overwatch 1 Season 1 Torbjorn, which was a braindead awful class. It's all in the nuance of execution that can make a builder class from a cool niche to an awful noob trap. And most game designers make turret classes really annoying.

There are aspects of MB2 that would make turrets more annoying to deal with. Firstly, it's lack of splash damage. There's explosives in the game but most are very resource limited. There's no Soldier or Demoman equivalent in MB2. The MB2 classes with nades have very limited uses, and the classes with rockets cannot move while firing the rocket, which is critical because in TF2 you deal with sentries by peaking around a corner to fire a rocket then going back into cover.

The one idea from TF2 I'd really like to see in MB2 is a character with explosive projectiles as a primary (and can move while firing them), but the explosions will be weaker as in they don't knock you down and they don't do insane damage. This type of weapon is easy to learn, hard to master, which I think is great from a design standpoint. I suggested something like this in my unironic Gungan proposal which is built around the Booma inspired by the TF2 Demoman's grenade launcher.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I always sell MB2 to IRL friends as being a love child of TF2, Counter Strike, and Star Wars. That being said you should NEVER just make it exactly like other games. MB2 has it's own identity, not just some other game with star wars slapped on