•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mouse problem

Hello everyone,

I bought a new mouse (Rival 300) and it's having weird problems when moving it slowly. (For example it's impossible to follow a straight line slowly without it stopping). In the menu and in game it just seems to skip or stop moving randomly. When I move my mouse fast I have no problems. I've tried a different mouse (Razer lachesis) and had the same problem.

I'm using 2560x1440p resolution and running win 10. I don't have any other problem with the mouse in other games or in windows, just MB2. (Also works fine in normal JKA)

The mouse DOES work in mb2 perfectly on my other pc where I'm using 1920x1080p resolution and win7.

My scale display setting in windows set to 100%. I've also tried changing the in_mouse setting to 2 or -1 but this had no effect. Mouse accel is off in both windows and in-game. I have tried putting my settings to default and also have reinstalled MB2. (Have not reinstalled JKA yet tho.)

Before all this I was using a deathadder and never had this problem. Deathadder broke down a few days ago unfortunately.

If anyone wants to see what the problem looks like I can make a youtube vid.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
The game counts mouse position in integer and thus on high resolution screens with low sensitivity you may only move by "steps". (High precision could only be achieved with floating point calculations.)
You should use OpenJK with raw mouse input support that should solve at least in-game issue (not sure about menu).

The game counts mouse position in integer and thus on high resolution screens with low sensitivity you may only move by "steps". (High precision could only be achieved with floating point calculations.)
You should use OpenJK with raw mouse input support that should solve at least in-game issue (not sure about menu).
It seems like the choppy-ness gets better when I limited my FPS to 85.. Very weird bug

Seems like using OPENJK completely fixed the problem for me. Thanks man! :)

Try jaMME engine. <:
in_mouse should be set to 2.
Jamme looks.. Interesting?

SFPyjj9.jpg

Seems to work If I launch JMME in JKA first and load mod -> mB2. Mouse bug is gone with in_mouse 2.. And UI works too! :eek:

Any idea how to get it to launch properly?

Code:
start jamme +set fs_game mmeMBII +set fs_extraGames "mme MBII"

Launches JKA with jamme for some reason?

Hey I am having this exact issue, its not a mouse problem for me since ive tried 2 mouses on MB2 and for different games it works fine, it just started happening yesterday and its unplayable, I am also using MBII Client and i've been using it for months without problems. I've already tried repair installing and it did not fix it.