Mitigating Side-whacks

I believe I came up with a decent solution ( could be wrong, but that's what a thread is for ) to this "problem".

A short timer based on interaction. If you were just hit by someone / attacked someone, you get a short timer applied to you. If you are hit during the timer by the same person, the attack is blocked and the timer is reset again. The timer should only be long enough to cover fast chained attacks. Like 80-100 ms max? Less? Slightly more?

This would prevent someone from just suddenly dying because someone else held M1 / chained beyond their blocking range, but not prevent ninja / new person hitting your back. Would also further push back-whacks as a planned attack instead of accidental during a duel.

Understandably, getting back/side-whacked isn't a mechanical problem. It's more of a perception that can be unfavorable to people with lower reaction time / lag.
Fire away.

My main gripe with side or backwack is that I get killed by them often but when I hit someone in the back I get a pass-through and the hit get blocked.

But I'm not sure about the timer idea, it's basically a free block and could be abuse with def 0 or low bp player as a free hit.

Oh no, it's not meant to be a free block. It would consume BP like any other block. If you don't have the BP or defense to block normally, this won't help you.

Cat

I don't think it's obvious whether or not there is a problem of side-whacks in the first place. If you ask me, I consider chaining beyond blocking range a valid tactic, should the opinion of a humble gunner matter.

>I hit someone in the back I get a pass-through and the hit get blocked
Which brings us to the more important issue: sidewhacks not actually working sometimes because of low serverside FPS. And what's more sad is how perfectly timed leg kicks can pass through too, effectively killing the kicking gunner. Perhaps we should fix this and make sidewhacks actually work as intended before thinking about additional mechanics to mitigate them?